JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon already has a similair law as mentioned in another thread. This could be used at anytime to crack down on individuals or groups the State is not happy with.

Part of the "Plan" to make us all into felons! Cant own guns, cant train, cant form a militia, cant cant cant! :mad::mad::mad:
It's just another step down THAT road!

First off, you , me and every law abiding gun owner in America is already part of the civilian militia. Period. It was written into the constitution. Next, what will happen to all of the gun safety instructors who hold classes to make a living?

... and every law abiding gun owner ...

Perhaps we should revisit the idea that non-violent felonies should preclude gun ownership. I simply don't feel the same way about accidentally violating some byzantine regulatory law (think CA style gun laws) in the same way I think about rape and murder. If we could take the "any felony=prohibited" issue out of the law, I think we'd see fewer stupid gun laws -- I don't think anyone thinks these laws are anything else but a trap designed to undermine the 2A one person at a time.

21C3959F-4ED9-495E-91A8-7B5190D7B553.png

View attachment 647671

What a stupid law -- all it will do is move people to random places on public land. Now, I like going to my local outdoor free-for-all range because the lack of rules allows some other types of practice (drawing from a holster, targets that disintegrate or get knocked about when they get hit, that sort of plinking stuff), but it couldn't take the influx of users if regular ranges closed shop. Secondly, when I'm doing serious stuff, I really appreciate the amenities at a formal range that help me remove my skills from the equation when trying to get an accurate load or zero in a scope. Finally, controlled ranges help minimize the effects of knuckleheads because the range officer will step in and/or the building won't let bullets out. There was a person in Whatcom county who died a couple years ago when some yahoos were shooting irresponsibly -- the bullet traveled a great distance if I recall, like a mile or something.

Laws like this are about nothing but harrassment. They won't make public land use better. They won't make the public safer. In fact, they'll do the opposite on both points. This is law is about scorn for gun owners and absolutely nothing else.

I know it's cross country, but VA really needs some assistance.
Right now Prince William County is trying to pull a fast one by moving the public comment period from 7 pm to 2 pm. Ann Wheeler heads the Board of Supervisors and appears to want a carbon copy of Blue Smurf West Coast bs. Please consider writing/calling her and these members TONIGHT. Links to what's at stake on this page here:
Prince William County Votes Jan 7th to Undo 2A Sanctuary County Resolution

Name
RoleDistrictEmailAlt. EmailPhone
Ann B. Wheeler Chairman[email protected]7037924640
Jeanine Lawson MemberBrentsville[email protected]7037926190
Yesli Vega MemberColes[email protected]7037924620
Pete Candland MemberGainesville[email protected]7037927664
Victor S. Angry MemberNeabsco[email protected]7037924667
Kenny A. Boddye MemberOccoquan[email protected]7037924643
ANDREA O. BAILEY MemberPOTOMAC[email protected]7037924645
Margaret Angela Franklin MemberWoodbridge[email protected]7037924646

"We caught Sen. Marsden on a hot mic calling Fairfax gun owners "CRAZY" and "LITTLE KIDS" at a Sanctuary hearing. Watch the video and hear the audio.
Although the audio is difficult to hear, as the Senator stepped away from the microphone, the hot mic picked up the following, "Are you going to stick around for these 25 gun guys? THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. Yeah just like little kids. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL STAY CALM? Yeah, as long as we don't respond to them. YEAH. We will get through this." "

One member, Pete Candland did write back to me with some assurance of his support for 2A rights, but people really need to inundate these members with level-headed urging to uphold the 2A sanctuary status in its entirety, not start chipping away at it, which is what Ann Wheeler proposes to do. I reminded them of their duty to uphold the Constitution, as per their own documents - here:

MOTION:
January 7, 2020 Regular Meeting SECOND: Res. No. 20-
RE: URGE MEMBERS OF THE VIRGINIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO ADDRESS GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION IN VIRGINIA BY PASSING GUN SAFETY LEGISLATION; URGE MEMBERS OF THE VIRGINIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO SUPPORT LEGISLATION AND INCREASED FUNDING FROM THE COMMONWEALTH FOR MENTAL HEALTH SCREENING AND SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE COMMONWEALTH; MODIFY 2020 LEGISLATIVE AGENDA ACTION:

WHEREAS, Section 15.2-1522, VA Code Ann., requires every elected officer in the Commonwealth to qualify for office by taking the following oath prescribed by the Code of Virginia Section 49-1: "I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as an elected member of the Board of County Supervisors according to the best of my ability, so help me God"; and

WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 15.2-915, VA Code Ann., the Prince William Board of County Supervisors has no legislative, regulatory, or enforcement authority related to "the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof" and has no authority over the independent execution of the duties of the constitutional officers involved in law enforcement; and

WHEREAS, the Prince William Board of County Supervisors wishes to express its commitment to the rights of law-abiding citizens of Prince William County to legally keep and bear arms; and

WHEREAS, the Prince William Board of County Supervisors is concerned about the passage of any law that restricts or prohibits our County citizens and tourism industry from participating in historical or traditional activities; and WHEREAS, twelve years since the mass shooting at Virginia Tech and a few months since the mass shooting at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center, we continue to face the ongoing epidemic of mass shooting gun violence in our state and our nation;and

WHEREAS, in 2017, more than 39,000 Americans – including 1,028 Virginians – died as a result of gun violence, 674 were by suicide; and WHEREAS, Virginia is one of 17 states where more people are killed annually due to gun violence than die in car accidents; and

WHEREAS, in Virginia, women are killed with guns by intimate partners at a higher rate than the national average; and 10-A January 7, 2020 Regular Meeting Res. No. 20- Page Two

WHEREAS, suicide rates in Virginia are slowly increasing, with handguns being the cause of death in suicides in almost 60 percent of cases; and

WHEREAS, the Prince William Board of County Supervisors recognizes that violence in our community has a significant impact on our core responsibility to create a safe and resilient County for every resident, worker, and visitor to Prince William County; and

WHEREAS, the Prince William County Police Department, like other local law enforcement departments, is often the first to be called upon to address those with mental illness who engage in behaviors that impact personal and/or public safety; the department is committed to assisting individuals in Prince William County who are experiencing an emotional crisis; the department has trained nearly 200 County police offices in the Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) program to improve the nature of police interactions with people living with mental illness; and in 2018, the Police Department transported 555 emotionally disturbed patients to various medical facilities throughout the state encompassing approximately 7,551 staff hours;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Prince William Board of County Supervisors urges the members of the Virginia General Assembly to address gun violence prevention in Virginia by passing gun safety legislation including: • Support legislation, while preserving due process, to properly allow an appropriate court of law to temporarily limit an individual's access to firearms when they are deemed a threat to themselves or others; • Eliminate potential background check loopholes by requiring background checks for all gun purchases through a Federal Firearms License; • Support laws to limit child access to firearms to reduce adolescent suicides and accidental adolescent shootings; • Additional funding from the Commonwealth for firearms safety education across the Commonwealth; • Waiving sales tax on gun safes and gun safety locks to help promote such safe gun handling practices; and • Strong penalties for adults that allow unsafe access to firearms by children; and BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Prince William Board of County Supervisors urges the members of the Virginia General Assembly to support legislation and increased funding from the Commonwealth for mental health screening and services throughout the Commonwealth; and January 7, 2020 Regular Meeting Res. No. 20- Page Three BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Prince William Board of County Supervisors hereby modifies its 2020 legislative agenda to include the provisions of this Resolution and directs the Clerk to the Board to provide copies of the approved resolution to our State Senators, our State Delegates and the Governor.
Votes:
Ayes:
Nays:
Absent from Vote:
Absent from Meeting:
ATTEST:
Clerk to the Board

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR