JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Uh, hello. Hello. HELLO!!!

Is this thing on????
This is what I was just discussing with Wifey. I'll give the benefit of the doubt though. you never know what kind of crap may happen that keep people from responding. And I always have to remember that everyone is not discussion forum savvy. In other words, there are people that have lives that don't revolve around a forums like this. :s0114:

This is what I was just discussing with Wifey. I'll give the benefit of the doubt though. you never know what kind of crap may happen that keep people from responding. And I always have to remember that everyone is not discussion forum savvy. In other words, there are people that have lives that don't revolve around a forums like this. :s0114:

:eek::eek::eek:

Shirley not!!! ;):s0005:

Crap man. I spent most of my day yesterday right here in this fricken chair! Just felt lazy yesterday. :(
It's too danged hot.

I passed on an IDPA match yesterday... not going to be out in the sun from 9am to 3pm. Matches are too long now thanx to the local USPSA club folding and all those run and gun shooters coming over to this one.

It's too danged hot.

I passed on an IDPA match yesterday... not going to be out in the sun from 9am to 3pm. Matches are too long now thanx to the local USPSA club folding and all those run and gun shooters coming over to this one.
Dang man, I hadn't seen how hot it's getting over there. I've only ever been through La Grande in January. You would certainly need a shaded venue to spend the day at one of those competitions.

Dang man, I hadn't seen how hot it's getting over there. I've only ever been through La Grande in January. You would certainly need a shaded venue to spend the day at one of those competitions.
Haven't seen the OP, might as well talk about the weather...

No perciperation since Feb. And been in the 90s for many weeks. Haven't seen a summer like this since the 80s when the nearby forests burned all summer and fall and didn't stop until the winter rain/snow put them out. I'm really concerned... we had a thunderboomer last week but only one small 5acre fire.... it will probably get a lot worse with everything dried out the way it is this year.

Haven't seen the OP, might as well talk about the weather...

No perciperation since Feb. And been in the 90s for many weeks. Haven't seen a summer like this since the 80s when the nearby forests burned all summer and fall and didn't stop until the winter rain/snow put them out. I'm really concerned... we had a thunderboomer last week but only one small 5acre fire.... it will probably get a lot worse with everything dried out the way it is this year.
Do you grow tomatoes? Cukes, green beans? Luckily we've been pretty nice here. Upper 80s touch 90 and cooling to low 60s upper 50s at night.

@Quies13 welcome to Oregon and NWFA! Glad to have you aboard!

It's all been said above - training, training, training, and think about what you want the firearm for. It could be anything from concealed carry to home defense to target shooting to just plain plinking. Just take you time and get a lot of exposure before making a decision.

Only thing I can add is to consider getting a 22LR version for inexpensive practice. For example, when we bought my wife her first 9mm pistol I got the identical pistol in 22LR so she could get in a lot of practice without a lot of expense.

Finally a good video on range safety and etiquette so you won't feel as intimidated

Do you grow tomatoes? Cukes, green beans? Luckily we've been pretty nice here. Upper 80s touch 90 and cooling to low 60s upper 50s at night.
We gave up our garden a few years back when the wifey started not being able to maintain all our landscape areas. I still grew tomatoes at the side of the house for a coupla years, but the soil is now depleted and I'm not doing much of that kind of work. So this year I picked up a Yellow Pear Tomato bush, and a Cherry Tomato bush and have them in containers out front with drip emmitters on the lawn system. Some of the cherry maters are just turning color. I like to pick and eat on the spot.

Introduction to Firearms Ownership
Cost: $10.00 per adult—kids (under 18) free with paying adult.
Location: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, 27787 Hwy 224 Eagle Creek, OR 97022
Date: Friday, Aug 6, 2021
Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
https://fundamentalshooting.com/ola/services/introduction-to-firearms-ownership-4

We are also offering a live fire course on Aug 22

First Shots Pistol
Ready for live fire? This all inclusive class will provide all of the equipment, ammunition and instruction for putting your first shots on target. We will cover safe pistol handling and manipulation, grip & stance, trigger control and more! Low recoil .22LR makes this the perfect first shots experience and will build a firm foundation to grow into the shooting sports or defensive applications.

Cost: $89.00 per shooter
Location: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, 27787 Hwy 224 Eagle Creek, OR 97022
Date: Sunday, Aug 22, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
https://fundamentalshooting.com/ola/services/first-shots-pistol-3

For more information contact:
Ben Edman
503 319-9359
[email protected]

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show