JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent illustration F2! I had a S&W m66 2 3/4" snubby. When it went off in the dark you really wanted to jerk your hand out of the fireball!:D

I would like to have someone give me a critique on a S & W Model 36, the older ones. I'm considering a carry gun. Any suggestions? I'm an old gal, so consider that. I have a Ruger SR22, and Ruger MK 3 for fun shooting.

I got a chance to shoot my friend's S&W 36 - she inherited it from her mom. I forgot how stiff the trigger pull on Smith J frames are. I prefer my LCR in.357. However my friend thought it had too much recoil. I had changed out the grips for a CT laser. The original LCR factory grips absorb recoil.

If you put your cursor in the upper RH corner of the original video, you get a link to Chapter 2, which shows the same test with a Nagant revolver. For those who don't want to watch it, there is NO side blast at all! On another forum someone posted that the gas-seal system didn't make much difference in velocity, but according to "Cartridges of the World", 9th Edition, The Pieper revolver, which used the same ammo but was not a gas-seal design, is more than 30% slower at the muzzle than a Nagant, 725 FPS compared to 1100 FPS. Seems significant to me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top