JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent vid! I've noticed what I called "blowback" before, shooting a six-inch .357 mag into the breeze and feeling little specks of still-burning powder wherever my glasses were not.

But I had no idea how much there was, or how forceful it was, prior to watching this. That'll be fun to demo at the range with paper for noobs and experienced shooters alike.

My Nagant didn't.
I don't see how it could with the brass rammed into the barrel and when fired, the brass casing expands and seals off the chamber.

If you using reduced loads the case at does not form a tight seal around the case and you get some blow by. You don't notice the blow out between the cylinder and the barrel during the day, but will still get burned if your hand or fingers are in front of the cylinder. For a light show take you wheel gun out after dark and fire off a round. Where you surprised?

If you want an education fire a revolver with it's muzzle sticking out of hole in a paper bag.
BTW I have had the experience of being near a revolver (45 Colt and a Taurus Raging Bull 454) when they spit lead due to poor cylinder timing...I still have the facial scars to prove it

Don't let your wife fire her first handgun round out of a .38Spl. Stubby at dusk.:eek:
After that ball of fire rolled out of the barrel, it took years before she would pull a
trigger with her eyes open.:(

Excellent vid! I've noticed what I called "blowback" before, shooting a six-inch .357 mag into the breeze and feeling little specks of still-burning powder wherever my glasses were not.

But I had no idea how much there was, or how forceful it was, prior to watching this. That'll be fun to demo at the range with paper for noobs and experienced shooters alike.
This is one of the reasons quality, hand tuned factory revolvers cost as much as they do, there a seven or more moving parts that must all work along different axi (?) in different geometric relationships to get the cylinder to align with the bore and Lock in that position, no wonder Msr Colt was hailed as a genius, even if he only did half the work!

BTW I just now watched the vid; as Hickock 45 mentioned, back in the 70's we People of the Pistol were emulating Elmer Keith, shooting 44's at several 100 yards. Keith stated in one of his books that he had leather shields stitched to the inside knees of his jeans because he would rest his SAA 45 Colt between his knees when shooting from the reclining position. I ignored that warning and shot my Pre-war Colt Officer Model Match (heaven) at 300 yards in the same manner. One round, burnt straight through my jeans and into my skin!

If you want an education fire a revolver with it's muzzle sticking out of hole in a paper bag.
BTW I have had the experience of being near a revolver (45 Colt and a Taurus Raging Bull 454) when they spit lead due to poor cylinder timing...I still have the facial scars to prove it

Yep, took a nice lead splinter through through the cheek! Spit it out into my hand. I believe it's around here somewhere, I love revolvers but I give others a wide berth at the range.

Thought i'd throw this in here, it makes it very clear how much side blast revolvers produce.

article-2530747-1A540AA000000578-556_634x423.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads