JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent illustration F2! I had a S&W m66 2 3/4" snubby. When it went off in the dark you really wanted to jerk your hand out of the fireball!:D

I would like to have someone give me a critique on a S & W Model 36, the older ones. I'm considering a carry gun. Any suggestions? I'm an old gal, so consider that. I have a Ruger SR22, and Ruger MK 3 for fun shooting.

I got a chance to shoot my friend's S&W 36 - she inherited it from her mom. I forgot how stiff the trigger pull on Smith J frames are. I prefer my LCR in.357. However my friend thought it had too much recoil. I had changed out the grips for a CT laser. The original LCR factory grips absorb recoil.

If you put your cursor in the upper RH corner of the original video, you get a link to Chapter 2, which shows the same test with a Nagant revolver. For those who don't want to watch it, there is NO side blast at all! On another forum someone posted that the gas-seal system didn't make much difference in velocity, but according to "Cartridges of the World", 9th Edition, The Pieper revolver, which used the same ammo but was not a gas-seal design, is more than 30% slower at the muzzle than a Nagant, 725 FPS compared to 1100 FPS. Seems significant to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top