JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was down at Fisherman's today picking up a rifle. And they asked me if I had purchased 2 or more firearms in the last 5 days. I asked him what was with that question and he told me that if I did the ATF wants to know why. Now I have never had this question asked before.

Have any of you?

So I was down at Fisherman's today picking up a rifle. And they asked me if I had purchased 2 or more firearms in the last 5 days. I asked him what was with that question and he told me that if I did the ATF wants to know why. Now I have never had this question asked before.

Have any of you?

Maybe they think you're working for fast and furious....:oops:

Do you happen to look like this guy by any chance?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHD-0B2f2zAWIcxMXe4bNs6s91wyHBnGGCg7h0rbn3WRE2Dh5Y.jpg

Answer No.

1. It is not the Store's Business to do the BATFEKXYZ Alphabet Agencies Work.
2. It is Not Illegal to purchase any number you wish to buy.
3. The BATFEQRXYZ agency should deal with their Own Incompetence before trying to decide someone else needs looking after.

(If you bought Ten 22LR Cricket Rifles, to help the Appleseed Project, I am sure you would be given the label of Terrorist by the SPLC, run by a pedaphile!)

philip

I would answer "I'm not sure, can I have the 4473 now?"

I doubt any counter jockey will give it any thought beyond that.

There is something about buying two or more guns in a short time cuts the cost of the background check down by half. I think it's two or three days. Most clerks don't ask or know about it till you tell em.

Have a friend who has an FFL. Some time ago they came up with a regulation that if you buy two guns or more it has to be reported. It was some time ago and I don't recall the reason why.

Have any of you?
IF!!! If they don't know it's none of their business. Unless they have done paper work on you and you went over the number? What is it? then they don't need to know anything more
And the ATF knowing why is BS,they just want a record of it

Ive never been ask, and its far more common that I buy more than one than just one on a 4473.

The FFL is required to send in a second form to the ATF if you buy 2 or more HANDGUNS within 5 days of each other. You can buy as many rifles as you want with no additional form required.

But they have always just done it for me, no questions ask (meaning I have no input in any way nor a choice)

From the ATF's website, if "certain rifles" (see below) are sold to the same person within 5 days, it must be reported on a separate form. It is a regulation.

Did you purchase a semi auto rifle with detachable magazine?

Here:
Q1. What is a multiple sale of certain rifles?

A1. A multiple sale occurs when a licensed dealer or pawnbroker sells or otherwise disposes of, at one time or during any five consecutive business days, more than one semiautomatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person.

Example 1. A licensee sells two rifles in a single transaction to an unlicensed person. This is a multiple sale and must be reported not later than the close of business on the date of the transaction.

Example 2. A licensee sells a rifle on Monday and sells a rifle on the following Friday to the same unlicensed person. This is a multiple sale and must be reported no later than the close of business on Friday. If the licensee sells another rifle to the same unlicensed person on the following Monday, this would constitute an additional multiple sale and must also be reported not later than the close of business on Monday. In addition, the licensee would check 'Yes' in Item 2c and place Friday's date in Item 2c on the ATF Form 3310.12.

Example 3. A licensee maintaining business hours Monday through Saturday sells a rifle to an unlicensed person on Monday and sells another rifle to the same person on the following Saturday. This does not constitute a multiple sale and need not be reported because the sales did not occur during five consecutive business days.

NOTE: Some possible ways to detect multiple sales include, but are not limited to: (a) daily review of ATF Forms 4473 spanning the past five days; (b) daily review of disposition records spanning the past five days; (c) maintaining a calendar of daily sales to unlicensed persons (ideally with each purchaser listed alphabetically); and (d) maintaining a record of daily sales to unlicensed persons (ideally with each purchaser listed alphabetically)

Q2. What types of rifles are required to be reported?

A2. The rifle transactions that must be reported are dispositions of semiautomatic rifles capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person. However, the reporting requirement does not apply to receivers for such rifles. You may contact the Firearms Technology Branch at (304) 616-4300 if you are unable to determine if the rifles are subject to the reporting requirements.

From the ATF's website, if "certain rifles" (see below) are sold to the same person within 5 days, it must be reported on a separate form. It is a regulation.

Did you purchase a semi auto rifle with detachable magazine?

Here:
Q1. What is a multiple sale of certain rifles?

A1. A multiple sale occurs when a licensed dealer or pawnbroker sells or otherwise disposes of, at one time or during any five consecutive business days, more than one semiautomatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person.

Example 1. A licensee sells two rifles in a single transaction to an unlicensed person. This is a multiple sale and must be reported not later than the close of business on the date of the transaction.

Example 2. A licensee sells a rifle on Monday and sells a rifle on the following Friday to the same unlicensed person. This is a multiple sale and must be reported no later than the close of business on Friday. If the licensee sells another rifle to the same unlicensed person on the following Monday, this would constitute an additional multiple sale and must also be reported not later than the close of business on Monday. In addition, the licensee would check 'Yes' in Item 2c and place Friday's date in Item 2c on the ATF Form 3310.12.

Example 3. A licensee maintaining business hours Monday through Saturday sells a rifle to an unlicensed person on Monday and sells another rifle to the same person on the following Saturday. This does not constitute a multiple sale and need not be reported because the sales did not occur during five consecutive business days.

NOTE: Some possible ways to detect multiple sales include, but are not limited to: (a) daily review of ATF Forms 4473 spanning the past five days; (b) daily review of disposition records spanning the past five days; (c) maintaining a calendar of daily sales to unlicensed persons (ideally with each purchaser listed alphabetically); and (d) maintaining a record of daily sales to unlicensed persons (ideally with each purchaser listed alphabetically)

Q2. What types of rifles are required to be reported?

A2. The rifle transactions that must be reported are dispositions of semiautomatic rifles capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person. However, the reporting requirement does not apply to receivers for such rifles. You may contact the Firearms Technology Branch at (304) 616-4300 if you are unable to determine if the rifles are subject to the reporting requirements.

Thanks that clears things up. So a lower is considered a firearm when it comes to the 4473 but not in the case of multiple purchases on form 3310.12 .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top