JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if I buy at one store, move to another store, etc, etc, stupid question, especially if you are a criminal who wouldn't be in a gun store or pawn shop anyway. "IDIOTS" dangerous idiots, but idiots none the less.

I have been asked that question before myself. I think it's more a CYA on the store's part. The various requirements the ATF has for reporting seem a bit crazy, but hey, it is a government agency, would you expect anything less?

Thanks that clears things up. So a lower is considered a firearm when it comes to the 4473 but not in the case of multiple purchases on form 3310.12 .

It would appear so. But it is the government, so I wouldn't put it past them to make an issue out of it. For anyone that is an FFL, it certainly makes it important to know the ATF requirements really well, and to do a very good job in record keeping. Seems like a big pain to me. Honestly, with all the various rules and all the extra info they collect, it's amazing they can ever find anything in those records in the first place.

So if I buy at one store, move to another store, etc, etc, stupid question, especially if you are a criminal who wouldn't be in a gun store or pawn shop anyway. "IDIOTS" dangerous idiots, but idiots none the less.

Yep, as it reads in the earlier post, it's only required if the same seller sells to the same person in a 5 day period. So yeah, big loophole there ;)

Unless the Feds cross reference the state police background checks and look for multiple buys by an individual.
It's just a push of a button on a computer.

Why the arbitrary date of 5 days? Seems like anyone intending to do harm would simply wait until 5 days passed before buying the other rifles. Or lie of course when asked the question.
More government intrusion and nonsense.

Now I remember. My buddy that works at the shop back home would always ask the frequent fliers if they had any more guns coming in or tell them to get the guns coming on the same day so he didn't have to make 2-3 of those forms out,lol And most of them would say they would just pick up all the guns when they all come in.
We had quite a few gun broker junkies
Heck I know some of them had stacks of them in their closets

A few years ago I bought 3 firearms within two weeks. Only on the third purchase was I asked if I had purchased any firearms recently. Thought it was strange as there was obviously a record which should have eliminated any reason to ask.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top