JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, question for the forum. I have recently moved from the craptastic gun state of Massachusetts where it took me 5 months to get my LTC-A gun license. The question is, since I don't have a drivers license for the state of Oregon yet, can I still obtain a gun from the up coming gun show in Portland on Friday? I have a lease agreement and pay vouchers proving my Oregon residency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Yes, if you go to your local DMV with proof of residency (like a utility bill) they will issue you a State ID card which is acceptable for background checks. Actually they will give you a B&W paper photocopy on the spot and mail you the laminated card in 5-10 days.

Since you are at the DMV anyway you might as well just get your DL.

I would suggest get ur Id, find what ur looking for here and avoid the show. Wasn't worth the price of admission/parking last time I went. just my opinion

You can buy face-to-face from private sellers using the "FOR SALE" ads here. You don't need a DL or other proof, or any "permission slips" from the government.

Of course, some of the private sellers might want some better assurance that you are an Oregon resident, but no proof is required by law.

You can buy face-to-face from private sellers using the "FOR SALE" ads here. You don't need a DL or other proof, or any "permission slips" from the government.

Of course, some of the private sellers might want some better assurance that you are an Oregon resident, but no proof is required by law.

Not so good advice if the person you are buying from or selling to is LE :s0154:

How would dealing with a LE change state and federal law?

I am saying be sure who you are dealing with and their residency.
A general comment.......
ATF is noted for assenine stings

If your new to town NWFA is great resource for info on recreation as well as good deals. I have met cool people even gained a few friends along the way. O and picked up some sweet deals. It's all about knowing what you want and acting once you find it priced well. The vultures (including me) swoop in fast on the great deals. Be quick and good luck brother

Since Sandy Hook the Portland show hasn't been all that great. I skipped the last and will probably skip this one. 50 dollar bricks of 22LR. Sigh....

Panthers advice is good. Not sure how shows were in the Northeast , if they sucked, you may still have lots of fun. If you are a knife guy playing with the benchmade autos is fun. I live in WA so I can never bring them home with me...

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and Northwest firearms !

What about the Oregon Arms Collectors show this weekend? I've never been so I don't know what is there or if it is any good. Saw it on another thread.
<broken link removed>

Living in a state where Glocks would not be sold by FFLs, I'm really looking for a Glock 23 or 19. I can handle both. I'm 6'2" 270 and can handle the recoil of my friends Glock 20. I already feel more "free" coming from Mass.

Nightstalker, Panther is right. The classifieds are really good here. I have bought my last two and was a much better deal than I could find at a gun show or used at a shop. Plus glocks for sale are plentiful here and you could get a much better setup buying like new than brand new for less

Peter78, thanks for that. I may pass up the show with all of the info still piling in. I would really like to keep the sale local. Local business is always a positive.

Hey all, question for the forum. I have recently moved from the craptastic gun state of Massachusetts where it took me 5 months to get my LTC-A gun license. The question is, since I don't have a drivers license for the state of Oregon yet, can I still obtain a gun from the up coming gun show in Portland on Friday? I have a lease agreement and pay vouchers proving my Oregon residency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Welcome to Oregon. Coming from Mass, you should really appreciate the firearms freedom we have compared to your former state. The more the merrier!

ZA, the mass laws are so twisted, you almost need a law degree to decipher them. The short story is, it is on the list of "compliant" guns to own. For instance, if I buy a couple Glocks in Oregon and move to Mass and reside there, you are ok to own them. If I move from Oregon with Glocks to mass and do a private sale, that's ok too. Here's the kicker, even though they are on the list of "compliant" guns, they don't reside on the Attorney Generals "special invisible list of guns that nobody knows about" of compliant guns, which means FFLS won't sell them for fear of legal recourse by the AG. You cannot buy a brand new glock from a FFL, it has to be from someone who brought it on a move to mass and now resides in mass. Glocks are going for almost DOUBLE regular prices. It's demand far exceeds supply for Glocks in Mass.

If you want to learn more about the laws in one of the original states, head on over to Northeasternshooters.com and prepare to have your mind blown.

Anyways, thank god I live in Oregon now. Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top