JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man up? He asked me yesterday if the 4am work time woke me up... I looked at him with a puzzled dense stare, and said yea, it did. Then he talked about the dust the other day being bad. I said yes, now I have to pressure wash my whole place. Not a I'm sorry for either issues.
His hose that he was running from my place to his, had a hole in it. I have a huge driveway. Where I keep my tractor and stuff, it's gravel that's older. Do mud can happen. His holy hose was making a mud pit. Told him. He didn't register. So I just shut off the water when I please. He comes back over and turns it on.
So take your man up, and shove it.
:)
Hope the old leather bag dies sooner than later. But then his kids get it. That's a crap shoot.

northern cali doesn't start until above redding. you may want to put a stop to this entirely. you could possibly be giving up you water rights to his use always. i would check the laws it may be something like the people who occupy empty houses and then you can't get them out without going to court.

The Geography of California, and the Political Geographic Boundaries are Two different Dynosaurs....

Naturally, Geographically speaking, where the Sacramento River bends West, to empty into the San Francisco Bay, is the South Boundary of Northern California...

Geo-Political Boundaries are a bit more difficult to settle upon, but most feel that the Old Three State Division, was approximently the City of Sonoma, is the Northern Border, Starting Central California... And San Jose, is the Southern Border, of Central California... Everything North of the City of Sonoma, is therefore Northern California, in the Old System, Pre-Sixties... There is a lot to that system... Although ~there Is~ Debatable Variations of the Northern California's Southern Border... Say: Marysville/Yuba City as a Southern Border, Geo-Politically speaking :rolleyes:

Of Course, ask ANYONE, (Like Me, For Instance....) where the Southern Border of the STATE of JEFFERSON is, and we will define it Very Accurately! Chico, CA is the last Big City of the south end for the State of Jefferson... It goes aways below that, but not much further than Table Mountain...

Remember the Only President of the Republic of California, lived in Tehama County. That would be located at the Ide Adobe, directly on the banks of the Sacramento River, North of Corning, South of Anderson. I been there ~many times~ And was friends with his Great Grand Children!!!! Who still live in .... The State of Jefferson!

.... Now, we can return to Hose Bibs, 4:00AM Tractor use, Holes in Hoses, and Cd'A, where I have also been.... o_O :rolleyes: :oops:

Sorry for High Jacking the thread... But as a Historian of Northern California, it tickles my ~funny bone~ for peoples to say where what is, in that section of the World. I have Drank water, from the Richardson Springs, ridden my 650 Triumph in Snow, on Easter Sunday, up, Way Up, Past Magalia... And gone swimming in All three forks of the Feather River... And if anyone can tell me the Location of "Toad Town" California... Well, we be friends, ayup! Or Hay Fork, CA... Been there, spent the night, had a Great CowBoy Breakfast there....

Did that capture a Kodak Moment for ~any~ Northern Californians????

philip, who lives one creed, always: "When in the BoonDocks, live like the BoonDockians do...." :confused:

I dunno, through some accidents of geography, and the boom of the space race I was born in southern california, I have family in northern california, generally, the "north" of california starts once you pass sacramento, and it's in border until you get north of woodland. The "central" california is now mexico.

I've driven I-5 so many times between LA and seattle, I'm not actually sure I can count them all anymore. When leaving LA, drive over the grapevine, stop at frazier park fill up on gas. Next stop is the truckstop on Rd 8 in dunnigan, ca. I generally refuse to stop anywhere south of sacramento, no matter whether I'm taking I-5 or 99, towns there are too run down, and for whatever reason are insanely crowded with lunatics. Unless gas is super cheap in stockton I won't stop. Sometimes I'll stop at the family ranch about 120 miles north of dunnigan, next gas is either weed or ashland.

Believe it or not moment;

My Great Uncle (My moms dads brother) is/was John Sutter.

Gus Sutter was his name; I have his pocket watch.

I spent time in Mt Aukum, Sonoma, Placerville, Camino, Pollock Pines, Arnold, Camino, Fiddletown, Jackson, Georgetown, Sutter Creek, Nevada City, Grass Valley, MeadowVista, Coloma, Columbia, Was MARRIED in North Bloomfield, North San Juan, Pike, Alleghany...........bla, bla, bla.:D:)

so I guess I lived in Northern CA.......:).

Years ago, I had thought of moving to Susanville, about 5 miles from Toadtown, but decided the winters were too grey.

Hayfork......yup, now THAT's some remote area. Been there.

If Scott Valley, just outside Ft. Jones was in Oregon, I'd still be there. I LOVED that country, but CA is CA, and I couldn't stay any longer.

Even though I feel 100% at home in the Sierra Foothills, "Imports" forced me out. GOT REAL CROWDED!

So there.....................................................................:D.

Maybe we should start a new thread for the OP...(sorry)

Last Edited:
The Geography of California, and the Political Geographic Boundaries are Two different Dynosaurs....

Naturally, Geographically speaking, where the Sacramento River bends West, to empty into the San Francisco Bay, is the South Boundary of Northern California...

Geo-Political Boundaries are a bit more difficult to settle upon, but most feel that the Old Three State Division, was approximently the City of Sonoma, is the Northern Border, Starting Central California... And San Jose, is the Southern Border, of Central California... Everything North of the City of Sonoma, is therefore Northern California, in the Old System, Pre-Sixties... There is a lot to that system... Although ~there Is~ Debatable Variations of the Northern California's Southern Border... Say: Marysville/Yuba City as a Southern Border, Geo-Politically speaking :rolleyes:

Of Course, ask ANYONE, (Like Me, For Instance....) where the Southern Border of the STATE of JEFFERSON is, and we will define it Very Accurately! Chico, CA is the last Big City of the south end for the State of Jefferson... It goes aways below that, but not much further than Table Mountain...

Remember the Only President of the Republic of California, lived in Tehama County. That would be located at the Ide Adobe, directly on the banks of the Sacramento River, North of Corning, South of Anderson. I been there ~many times~ And was friends with his Great Grand Children!!!! Who still live in .... The State of Jefferson!

I've been pushing my cousins to get on-board with the state of jefferson for a while, they're in colusa county, little town called Ladoga, I think the nearest post office is in stonyford. A few other cousins live up north in Glenn co, near Elk Creek. Great little town with a fantastic bar/greasy spoon called Elk Horn.

Friend of mine from high school went to Chico (UC/Cal state/etc) I think we went up to toad town a few times to go swimming during the summer. I think there was a lake just south where we went fishing.

Other than that, I spend most of my time on the other side of the valley near mendocino, hunting is better, certainly more remote than anywhere near chico. Always use the Mt Oso repeater when I'm out that way.

Believe it or not moment;

My Great Uncle (My moms dads brother) is/was John Sutter.

Gus Sutter was his name; I have his pocket watch.

I spent time in Mt Aukum, Sonoma, Placerville, Camino, Pollock Pines, Arnold, Camino, Fiddletown, Jackson, Georgetown, Sutter Creek, Nevada City, Grass Valley, MeadowVista, Coloma, Columbia, Was MARRIED in North Bloomfield, North San Juan, Pike, Alleghany...........bla, bla, bla.:D:)

so I guess I lived in Northern CA.......:).

Years ago, I had thought of moving to Susanville, about 5 miles from Toadtown, but decided the winters were too grey.

Hayfork......yup, now THAT's some remote area. Been there.

If Scott Valley, just outside Ft. Jones was in Oregon, I'd still be there. I LOVED that country, but CA is CA, and I couldn't stay any longer.

Even though I feel 100% at home in the Sierra Foothills, "Imports" forced me out. GOT REAL CROWDED!

So there.....................................................................:D.

Maybe we should start a new thread for the OP...(sorry)
Yep, sutter is a Big name around sac town, and up around Roseville I believe. That's some pretty country. Driving from Roseville to Reno can be pretty, and pretty nasty. I've always said, if they just wiped out 99% of the living in Cali! it be a pretty sweet place! San Diego?! Parts of the Bay Area?! Mt. Shasta? Them some nice places!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top