JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Couple of questions. An older guy is building his own home on a peice of ground next to me. He's a old Cali guy. Anyways, two things that has kinda thrown me to get a little mad.
I am providing my own water, so he can build his home, cause his well has yet to be punched.
1. Has dusted me out. My whole house is covered in dust inside and out.
2. They decided to have the concrete guys start his foundation this morning at 4am.
Thoughts?

Talk to him? Is he using your water? I don't understand that portion of your post.

The concrete thing maybe because of the weather. Regardless I work shift work which requires me to sleep at all hours of the day. I learned along time ago nobody cares when I sleep, so to sleep well I have to have some sort of white noise.

He needed water for testing his plumbing, and for the concrete work. He drives around on the old tractor 8 hours a say pushing dirt. Not needed, but I'm a understanding dude. But maybe 4am is a bit early for a 80 degree day. And hell if you need my water, throw a sprinkler on the dust BILL!
Lol!

Lifes too short. It will get built and all will end then. People have to do things. Sometimes things are noisy, sometimes they are dirty.
Try living next to filbert orchards and farms. Its a year round thing. Once his house is done its done. That's the best way to look at it. Again lifes to short to sweat the small stuff. :D

Last Edited:
I am a builder and have had to learn noise ordinance regs for Portland, the earliest We can start is 7 am in residential areas until 10 pm and no work on Sunday. We had a call on us once on Sunday at 7 am we were framing a couple of those skinny long houses on an oversized lot, cop came up and asked us to shut it down and pack it out if we couldn't work without making noise he educated me on the noise stuff.

As far as what I would do. I would look up the noise ordinances for your area. Kindly and calmly fill in the guy about it and ask him what he intends to do about all the dust he created and coated your house with hopefully he is reasonable and offers to do something about it all. If you spend any time cleaning it keep track of your time and bill him or take it to small claims.
He is going to be your new neighbor though so it could be a rough road either way if you say something and he gets mad or if he continues to be a negligent neighbor.

Oh hell I'm not calling the cops. He came up to hook his water up for the day,:), and he asked if he woke us up today. I said yes you did. Never said sorry... Oh well.
We so live in the country.
So, I guess payback comes when he hears my 4 roosters fire up there longs at 5:45am!

You just reminded me of when I was a kid my dad had a creek on his property. When the guy that lived on the property upstream sold his house, a California couple bought it and they would pile all their debris on the bank of the creek every summer, pallets, plywood, branches and just about anything that would float so when the first big rain hit it would wash down and plug the culvert bridge. We would have to pull it all out and haul it all off for them.

That creek had a small winter steelhead run, under 400 a year he got busted by fish and game gaffing them one year.

Lol!!!
Hold on! They called the cops cause they saw a laser?!

Yes, the actually told the police they thought we had a "sniper rifle" because the red dot went out the window. (I can imaging them crawling around on the floor waiting for the police) Luckily only one sheriff deputy showed up and did not kick my door down and my 14 year old daughter was quite embarrassed. The cats didnt care though.

Good luck with your neighbor though. I have a laser pointer if you ever need to freak him out and have him fear for his life

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Yes, the actually told the police they thought we had a "sniper rifle" because the red dot went out the window. (I can imaging them crawling around on the floor waiting for the police) Luckily only one sheriff deputy showed up and did not kick my door down and my 14 year old daughter was quite embarrassed. The cats didnt care though.

Good luck with your neighbor though. I have a laser pointer if you ever need to freak him out and have him fear for his life
We used to sell the laser pointers at cat show among our other wares. Ordered them in batches of 1,000 at a time. In fact we sold them all out and I had to buy another one at a pet store for our seven cats to play with.
But all my Kimbers (three now) have CT lasers on them. I do night security and while my eyes are still very good I like a laser as I don't have to see the sight to know approx where the round is going.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

He needed water for testing his plumbing, and for the concrete work. He drives around on the old tractor 8 hours a say pushing dirt. Not needed, but I'm a understanding dude. But maybe 4am is a bit early for a 80 degree day. And hell if you need my water, throw a sprinkler on the dust BILL!
Lol!

Sorry 'bout that. Where I come from in California where everything is better than here in Idaho - but I moved here anyway - most folks don't sleep in past 3:00, so I figured 4:00 was gtg. Idaho is a pretty good place, but you are a bit backwards with virtually no progressivism going on, so I think I'll ignore the local culture and values and instead get politically active and probably run for office. Any chance I can borrow your lawnmower, cordless drill, and a hammer for a couple of days? Please don't tell me you have any guns...

Sorry 'bout that. Where I come from in California where everything is better than here in Idaho - but I moved here anyway - most folks don't sleep in past 3:00, so I figured 4:00 was gtg. Idaho is a pretty good place, but you are a bit backwards with virtually no progressivism going on, so I think I'll ignore the local culture and values and instead get politically active and probably run for office. Any chance I can borrow your lawnmower, cordless drill, and a hammer for a couple of days? Please don't tell me you have any guns...
Forgot to mention you wish to bring the remaining 300 members of your family up to live with you.

Oh hell I'm not calling the cops. He came up to hook his water up for the day,:), and he asked if he woke us up today. I said yes you did. Never said sorry... Oh well.
We so live in the country.
So, I guess payback comes when he hears my 4 roosters fire up there longs at 5:45am!

Compromise, LOL, Say no water unless he stops the dust and the early noise. How are you obligated to provide him with water anyway. I missed that part.

It sucks but it will be a couple months and then years of living next to them.
I would make it easy and laughable talk.
Like hey now that I live in a dust bowl and have a 4am alarm clock your wife better make me one hell of a good neighbor pie!
And the most expensive case a beer you can find.

Really it's bound to happen and they may he real cool, just have to get through the move in.
Anytime you have land next to you someone can move on they will eventually.
Don't make any sense getting stirred up for it. Life's too short, unless you live miserably hating your neighbor.

Compromise, LOL, Say no water unless he stops the dust and the early noise. How are you obligated to provide him with water anyway. I missed that part.
I'm not obligated. I'm just a sweetheart.
Neighborly you might say! Is it give and take though?? Still waiting for that move on his part.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top