JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the heck outa Cali 9 years ago....got fed up with the "what's yours is ours" attitude.

Awww Sorry Dude... I thought you stopped using my water 'cause of all the dust. I'm goin' outa town for A few days...mind if I turn it on when I get back?

"He's a old Cali guy."

That is all you have to understand.:D

He lived in California long enough to vote in the loons, and vote for all of those wonderful laws that they all love. Now that they have messed up California they are moving into areas near us. (I've got one similar to OP. He's a jackwagon!!!)

Politely say something now or you are in for a loooooong ride. State where you are coming from and hopefully he will understand. If you don't he's gonna push all sorts of things upon you and yours.....

I think the question is when you announce he's an "old cali guy" does that mean he's from santa monica, or bakersfield.

Part of what it may be here, is that he just has no manners. When I was first learning to drive a tractor... I went a bit nuts too. Why? because I have all the mentality of a 15 year old boy when it comes to machinery, guns, explosives and rockets. Cool Right!

It definitely seems you need to have that "limits" talk with your neighbor to establish what your limits are, and that the dust is past your limit.

I think the question is when you announce he's an "old cali guy" does that mean he's from santa monica, or bakersfield.

Part of what it may be here, is that he just has no manners. When I was first learning to drive a tractor... I went a bit nuts too. Why? because I have all the mentality of a 15 year old boy when it comes to machinery, guns, explosives and rockets. Cool Right!

It definitely seems you need to have that "limits" talk with your neighbor to establish what your limits are, and that the dust is past your limit.
He's from northern Cali. I have small children, and I was hoping he was kinda the grandpa type that would be nice to be around the kids. But, he's got a touch of low rent, and big talker syndrome. And he likes the F word.

Norcal is a a mixed bag... everything from urbanite hipster, to the kind of redneck that makes the hill people from deliverance look positively civilized. My suggestion... encourage him to get his own well setup. If he balks it'll tell you a lot about his character. I've always made great strides to be neighborly... that's why I use a suppressor.

He's from northern Cali. I have small children, and I was hoping he was kinda the grandpa type that would be nice to be around the kids. But, he's got a touch of low rent, and big talker syndrome. And he likes the F word.

Sounds like you need to crack off a few rounds in the middle of the night. Say it's a raccoon.
Let him know how country people roll out of commie cali

I'm not obligated. I'm just a sweetheart.
Neighborly you might say! Is it give and take though?? Still waiting for that move on his part.

And you have now set the bar for how this relationship will go in the future.

Someone building a house better make damn sure you have your water source secured before you turn one shovel of dirt. But that is just me, as a former contractor these are simple things to accomplish. I look at this from an old fashioned view.

I will not say jack sh*t about what you do on your property as long as it does not harm my property or family or create an unsafe situation. I also in return do not expect you to say jack sh*t about what I do on my property as long a it meets the same criteria. That includes my shooting on my range, and my rooster who is a much earlier riser than the other guys, mine starts about 4 am in summer. I also expect you to be able to take care of your basic requirements such as water and your own landscaping tools and equipment.

I have a neighbor on one side who has 8 cats who sh*t in my flower beds and garden, he has over 8 broken down vehicles in his driveway, a toilet he took out of his house LAST YEAR sitting on his front deck, a broken down HVAC unit in his driveway and strand board up on his porch protecting his hoard. He also used my commercial grade mower to mow his grass for over 7 years until he finally tossed the engine one day and went and bought his own. Fortunately, I have a huge photina hedge growing between us now and don't have to look at his sh*t.

On the other side I have a great person, local LEO and his family including his elderly parents in a mobile home. We have helped each other out when his tractor broke down, I give his parents vegetables all summer long, and this guy came running armed to the teeth when that as*hole burglar broke into my shop. We are very adamant about maintaining the security of our properties and both have ran off scuzzbags from each others properties. That is how it is supposed to be.

I remember when Northern CA. started at Redding.
Now N. CA starts about Bakersfield.
What ever happened to CENTRAL CA.???

Until you NICELY have a talk with him, and address your concerns, you really have nothing to complain about.

MANY people just don't get it....Obliviots!

And some just don't give a ship.

And MOST peoples #1 fear is "the fear of confrontation"!

So, Man up or shut up........:):D:):D:):D

Have a talk with him. Bad neighbors mean you will have a "unpeaceful" existence at home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top