JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ya i got to say, he seems like a good dude. no pressure sales, good attitude....not like most gun shops where its like your an inconvenience for even coming in and asking one question...there is a mini mac with my name on it there and at a fair price..

.if you have a minute let him tell you his history and how he is where he is now

Just stopped by there today. Placed an order for a Sig. Great guys there. I'm going have my transfers sent here when possible as well. Too bad they don't accept from individuals, but I'll do my FFL to FFL transfers here, even if it cost a little bit more than the cheapest in town ($35 including fee).

Sheilds are 399 from John and Casey and I will stick to them even for 10 more for their customer service and no BS policy. If they do not know something they just say it. Guys at NW armory have told me things about guns that they had no idea about and I knew not to be true at all. More than once but one guy was trying to convince me the Beretta px4 sub compact had a rotating barrel. While the compact and full size do and I knew that going in he would not let up until I took the gun down and explained the parts and I am as far from a gunsmith as it gets in any way shape or form. I know my guns and thats it and even them I could not fully take down without some help other than basic field strip and cleaning that is the norm. Casey will look at you and say "I do not know" and so will John and then they will look it up and find out for sure. Also I do not know of a place cheaper than 25 for a transfer so whoever said it is not the cheapest must have and in somewhere that I have never heard of as down the way at the gunbroker your looking at 80-100 bucks. Those guys have treated me well since the day they opened and I am not giving any of the other shops money unless I have to which has not been the case as of yet. I cannot stand the shops who BS and try to pretend to know everything about every weapon rather than just saying a simple I do not know but I can find out. That or they act like you are bothering them after having bought 10 guns in the last year from them....given that is a select few employees and I just choose not to engage with them anymore since there are guys at gunbroker and other places that do treat you well just hate the guys who act like they own the place and you are interrupting their down time when you walk in. Not once have I had even close to that at frontline.

Frontline Arms gun policy:
We encourage and welcome anyone concealed or open carrying as long as you have a current CHL recognized by Oregon. However for everyone's safety we REQUIRE your co-operation by NOT having any of your show and tell weapons loaded. Also before you hand any firearm to someone (even your concealed or open carry gun) unload it in a safe direction, no loaded magazines, no round in the chamber.

Sign on the Northwest Armory door:
No loaded guns allowed

The question is what kind of person will walk past that sign on the door to NW Armory to save $10 and why would we value their opinion?

Frontline Arms gun policy:
We encourage and welcome anyone concealed or open carrying as long as you have a current CHL recognized by Oregon. However for everyone's safety we REQUIRE your co-operation by NOT having any of your show and tell weapons loaded. Also before you hand any firearm to someone (even your concealed or open carry gun) unload it in a safe direction, no loaded magazines, no round in the chamber.

Sign on the Northwest Armory door:
No loaded guns allowed

The question is what kind of person will walk past that sign on the door to NW Armory to save $10 and why would we value their opinion?

That is true. I am curious about the show and tell. Before now they had a few guns shown at the Thursday event like the 50 cal they had and the semi auto shotgun that guy had made that held 15rds? Not sure how many but it was quite impressive looking. I think those who go to NWarmory just are not up to date on whats happening with guns these days and just pay attention to the price of a gun they like at the moment and never keep up with current events. They are not concerned for the future of firearms or supporting those who are going to be supportive to it by having things like get togethers for gun owners and such. Creating a community of owners is a lot more than any other shops have done.

My beef with Frontline Arms is the bait & switch ads they run on Armslist.

You see their ad claiming they have ammo and guns for a really good price, and then when you call them about it, you get a big spiel about,
"Oh, it sold first thing gone morning, but if you walk in the store every day, you might get lucky," and, "We're really great guys here because we didn't pork anyone on AR's & Ammo last year when all of the other gun stores were bending you guys over."

They run the same type of ads weekly trying to draw you in. No thanks.
They may be friendly, but Keith's is real close and I don't need to be friends with a salesman that pulls that kind of krap just to lure me in the door.

I have never been in and not seen the advertised guns. They sell quick because of the prices and it is no BS that when all other shops sold M&P sport ARs for 1200 they cost 599 or 699 I cannot remember which at frontline. The bait and switch is simply that you did not get there right when the add went up like the other guy which is far from posting false adds. They run the same adds because they get a new shipment of the same guns. I have seen them week after week putting Shields on the wall in 9 and 40 when other shops have had them on back order since they came out. As myself and many others have said they do not BS you there so I am not sure why you get that idea but its too bad you had that experience. I called today to ask about getting a certain size gun I wanted and John listed off a few he had in the size I want at prices that could not be touched by other stores so they have my business and will continue too. By the way in order to get one of the first shields that came around I did have to be there first thing in the morning as you were told. I know for a fact there is no bait and switch going on there since I stop by even just to BS and see if they happen to have anything cool even when I am not looking for a new gun. Shop is close to me though so if its a drive I get going to another shop but you can be sure if an add goes up they have the gun or ammo when it is posted. I have been going there since they opened up and they are the most genuine honest gun shop I have ever experienced so I find it necessary to defend an accusation that they are lying to get you in. Probably still going to believe that bait and switch stuff but for the rest of us it just leaves one less guy getting there first thing in the morning!

The issue is only having a couple of items in stock, (let's say 1000 rd boxes of .223 ammo for $329.00) and the two boxes advertised sells out first thing in the morning. Fine, just state in the ad that there are only two cases available.
But, they keep the Armslist ad up for 3 or 4 days advertising the same two cases.

What if you drive from across town without calling first. Too bad, too sad.
They do state "First Come, First Served" in the ad, and that should warn you, but still, I see it as a blatant bait & switch tactic.

I have seen private sale ads stating "First one to my door with cash, gets it" and if you're close by it could be worth the time and the gas to try and grab what's up for sale, I get that.

I asked the salesman if I could pre-purchase or get a rain check on the ammo at their special Armslist ad price when more came in, and his reply was that I had to walk in their store for that price, and they couldn't guarantee anything would be in stock five minutes after opening the door.

Definition of Bait & Switch
"Advertising a sale while intending to stock a limited amount of, and thereby sell out, a loss-leading item advertised is legal in the United States.
The purveyor can escape liability if they make clear in their advertisements that quantities of items for which a sale is offered are limited, or by offering a rain check on sold-out items."

How many friends would you have here if you pulled that kind of stunt.

Definition of Bait & Switch
"Advertising a sale while intending to stock a limited amount of, and thereby sell out, a loss-leading item ...
I can understand your frustration at seeing a good price yet being unable to cash in on it, but I think you are being unfair to them. First, it isn't a sale, it is the price they always sell that ammo at. Second, they don't intentionally limit the ammo stock on hand, it is a known fact that an ammo shortage has been in existence for over a year now and they occur every few years. Third, they are not taking a loss on the ammo. At most you could accuse them of inaccurate representation of their inventory on hand as a means to get people into their store.

Last Friday I happened to stop by the store to check in on their inventory and discovered that they had just received two 9mm S&W Shields that were so fresh their boxes were still on the counter and not put away yet. I immediately went home and returned with $400 cash in my pocket and snagged one right before closing on Friday. No doubt they sold the other 9mm Shield shortly after opening on Saturday morning. Let's assume Casey had time to post those two guns to Armslist before my purchase, is he to edit the ad to reflect a quantity change of one 9mm Shield 30 minutes before closing? He doesn't work again till Tuesday and John doesn't handle inventory so that ad will be up and incorrect till Tuesday at the earliest and won't get addressed till after Casey places his gun orders in the morning.

Nothing I can say will change your mind about their advertising and I'm not trying to convince you to do so. Everything I write above is the truth as I know it so that other customers may judge for themselves if they would like to support Frontline Arms based on our combined experiences and feedback. It's kinda like a nutnfacy data point.

Last Edited:
I have never had any issues with Frontline Arms and have been treated very well by knowledgeable people.
If I see something that interests me, I call first and if it is still available I drive there as it is only about 15
minutes away.
All adds list a phone number and say "first come first serve', to me that means if i do make it there after the time they sell out it will not be available.

Just stopped by Frontline and picked up a 40 round PMAG for $20. Not too bad of a price considering I haven't even seen one for sale yet. I am all for supporting a store 5 blocks from my shop, good pricing, and two good guys working there who are not pushy. The show and tell is Thursday night at 6:30pm, i think i am going to check it out.

I've had Casey on a bit of a snipe hunt lately, but he finally dug one up for me.

Glock 27.jpg

During the hunt I called NW Armory thinking that they might have better connections to find it for me. They had never heard of a USA made Glock, but took down my contact info and mumbled something about being busy and would try to find time to look into it. I never heard back from them.

Glock 27.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads