JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I could not get on NWFA for a while for some reason due to my server but I spoke with John and he did tell me that he and Casey had considered the sliding fee of transfers for regular customers compared to someone just doing a transfer they have no done business with yet. Just working out some kinks at first but they settled on 25 for any and everyone so if you are looking to do your transfer I can now say with certainty that although Casey said that they have now changed that to a simple 25 for all. Which is damn good in my opinion when I look at the other stores I have been in and one had said 100 dollars....I can buy a freaking mosin nagant off buds for 100 bucks and then they want 100 for the transfer?? I will stick with my favorite new shop and pay the reasonable 25 as next closest I know of is 50. Aside from that I am honestly tired of making a 4-800 dollar purchase and being treated like I am bugging the person doing my transaction. Not all are like that but some shops have a lot of people behind the counter and some do not seem to be well trained on customer service...I get a better smile and thanks for your business from Mcdonalds with some of these folks. Casey and John Have been nothing but kind and helpful and if they do not know something about a gun they just say that! Wow I love that compared to the people behind the counter who answer my question and I later find they had no clue whatsoever what gun I even was speaking of...or they simply just do not listen. Some other shops I go to are fine and you can get a good deal but then other days that same shop has someone there who does not seem to get that they are in customer service. I prefer to know when I walk in with 700 bucks looking to buy that they are going to treat me great and if I walk in with nothing just to look I will get the same service. That has been my experience at Frontline from the first to the 8th time I have been by or even call to ask about a gun.
I may sound bitter but when you look at the last year and realize you have spent a minimum of a few thousand on firearms and related items you start to think about wanting that hard earned money to go to the place you like being at and talking to the people behind the counter. Long winded yes...hopefully the point is in there somewhere though as I do get a little agitated when I think of the money spent and some of the attitudes dealt with.

"if they do not know something about a gun they just say that"

So funny, I was just telling a shooting buddy about their store this weekend and this was basically my exact same words. They don't get all starchy about it. I think with those guys its more than treating people like a customer. I think they just honestly enjoy what they do and enjoy their customers.

Years back I used to go into the plaid on 170/TV and there was a man hater in there that was just a miserable human being. I asked her one day "Why do you work here? You don't even like people." In contrast, the manger at the Jackson's by my house, sometimes I'm late for work because we get to chatting for so long. Incidentally I ran into that same girl behind a 1 hour photo counter a while back and she was still miserable. Anyhow, I guess my point is that I think some people get involved in this business because they love firearms. But I think the guys that love firearms and love people are the ones that are happy their whole life.

See y'all first Thursday. Good place for a M&G.

So I could not get on NWFA for a while for some reason due to my server but I spoke with John and he did tell me that he and Casey had considered the sliding fee of transfers for regular customers compared to someone just doing a transfer they have no done business with yet. Just working out some kinks at first but they settled on 25 for any and everyone so if you are looking to do your transfer I can now say with certainty that although Casey said that they have now changed that to a simple 25 for all. Which is damn good in my opinion when I look at the other stores I have been in and one had said 100 dollars....I can buy a freaking mosin nagant off buds for 100 bucks and then they want 100 for the transfer?? I will stick with my favorite new shop and pay the reasonable 25 as next closest I know of is 50. Aside from that I am honestly tired of making a 4-800 dollar purchase and being treated like I am bugging the person doing my transaction. Not all are like that but some shops have a lot of people behind the counter and some do not seem to be well trained on customer service...I get a better smile and thanks for your business from Mcdonalds with some of these folks. Casey and John Have been nothing but kind and helpful and if they do not know something about a gun they just say that! Wow I love that compared to the people behind the counter who answer my question and I later find they had no clue whatsoever what gun I even was speaking of...or they simply just do not listen. Some other shops I go to are fine and you can get a good deal but then other days that same shop has someone there who does not seem to get that they are in customer service. I prefer to know when I walk in with 700 bucks looking to buy that they are going to treat me great and if I walk in with nothing just to look I will get the same service. That has been my experience at Frontline from the first to the 8th time I have been by or even call to ask about a gun.
I may sound bitter but when you look at the last year and realize you have spent a minimum of a few thousand on firearms and related items you start to think about wanting that hard earned money to go to the place you like being at and talking to the people behind the counter. Long winded yes...hopefully the point is in there somewhere though as I do get a little agitated when I think of the money spent and some of the attitudes dealt with.

Good to hear!! Tigard Pawn and A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton both do transfers for $25. I will definitely check them out now. Thanks for the update!

I finally found some time and stopped by just now. They were very friendly and helpful and the prices seemed very reasonable. In fact, it seems to me like I could buy a .40S&W M&P for about the same or a little less than I paid for my SW99 10 years ago at the Philomath Gun Shop. The selection was less than your larger stores, but they assured me that they can order in if they don't have it.

Most CHL classes around here are $40, but the one that they are offering at 10AM tomorrow is only $30 if you register online and $35 at the door. My wife will be attending if her schedule allows it.

They'll certainly be getting my business in the future.

I stopped by last week and was surprised by how friendly they are. I actually was looking for something to buy just to support their business. I will keep checking their website for anything I will be looking for. I did confirm with them that they are sticking with the $25 transfer fee. However they wont accept shipments from non-ffl's. I'll use them for transfers when I can but sounds like it will be only 50% of my transfers. Awesome store and people though!

Funny that there is a barber in the back. Lol

Just bought a Ruger SR22 with the silver anodized slide from them. They didn't have it in stock, but were able to get one, had it in my hand 2 days later (went in Wednesday, picked it up Friday.) They had one in stock at Fishermen's Marine out by Washington Square for $15 less, but I bought at Frontline to support them, the big box store is making plenty of money! Great experience, very friendly guys there!

Just bought a Ruger SR22 with the silver anodized slide from them. They didn't have it in stock, but were able to get one, had it in my hand 2 days later (went in Wednesday, picked it up Friday.) They had one in stock at Fishermen's Marine out by Washington Square for $15 less, but I bought at Frontline to support them, the big box store is making plenty of money! Great experience, very friendly guys there!

Since when is fishermans marine considered a "big box store?"

I have not seen the SR22 with a silver slide. I got mine in black and believe those little guns to be the best .22 made in a long time. I would rather pay 15 more to deal with Casey and John anytime over fishremans. I do love fishermans and have bought many guns from there but they are in no need of support from local folks buying firearms. Standing at the register people in front of average at least 50-100 bucks in fishing gear or ammo if they have it. They are far from hurting. I have dealt with the same at Frontline as far as not having what I wanted right off the bat but being able to get it within a day or two. My experience has been that even being a small store they have better prices and service than any other shops. I got a Beretta 92 that I had wanted for a long time for 100 less than they had the same gun down the street. Aside from prices and customer service its just a cool place that you can get in trouble for being late to your next stop due to just enjoying chatting with Casey and John.

just checked their website -
"Until further notice

FRONTLINE ARMS

is suspending all operations."

cash flow?

Keep reading:

"We will be restarting business as soon as possible. Please check our website <broken link removed>. When we are ready to restart business it will be posted on our website."

They are moving next door. I suspect that this is related to the comment that the owner made to me about a week ago regarding them expanding their inventory on hand in the near future.

Keep reading:

"We will be restarting business as soon as possible. Please check our website <broken link removed>. When we are ready to restart business it will be posted on our website."

They are moving next door. I suspect that this is related to the comment that the owner made to me about a week ago regarding them expanding their inventory on hand in the near future.

well that's good. They could have said that :) I know it's hard to make it in the private gun store business - slim margins.

Wow, that was just in the last few hours, i still want to know if they can get an XDS 9mm with a silver slide and how much :)

You can ask them through facebook on their page. They told me the other day they would be having to do this to move next door so they had room to expand to selling more items for defense like more tasers, more long guns, more ammo and firearm related materials. It will be a larger place with a lot more selection. I am looking forward to seeing what they add and how they set up the new place which is 15 feet away from the old place they have been sharing with the coin store and barber shop.

to our loyal and growing customer base: we will be shut down for a few days/week while we move to a nearby larger location to better serve you. Bear with us. We'll let you know when we are back up and running through our website and Facebook page. :)

the short blurb on their website kinda leaves you hanging unless you have the private skivvy.

to our loyal and growing customer base: we will be shut down for a few days/week while we move to a nearby larger location to better serve you. Bear with us. We'll let you know when we are back up and running through our website and Facebook page. :)

the short blurb on their website kinda leaves you hanging unless you have the private skivvy.

Glad to hear it's not permanent. I was planning on dropping by during my lunch break to check out the shop. Glad I check the forum here first!!

I am looking forward to seeing the new shop and them having the room for the products they have wanted to be able to stock. Casey and John just struck me as great guys as soon as I heard there was a new shop and stopped in the first time. I will be going in to buy a new gun as soon as they open the new store as I have been in a lot of shops and never wanted to support them to stay in business due to just liking the friendly and knowledgeable staff until I met these guys a few months back. It is the kind of shop I want to walk into unlike when I go to a shop and think "geez I hope that blowhard know it all idiot is not working today" as I have felt about quite a few shops. When you are going into a store to spend at least 500 dollars for most of us it only seems right you walk into a place with guys like Casey and John that make the purchase fun and do not act as if you are bothering them with wanting to hold a few guns as most of us want to look at our options before we just say that one and get out of their hair. Frontline has the customer service and prices that other shops do not come close to otherwise I would not take my time to try and get other folks to go in. I want the shop around for a long time once they open up the new store again so I never have to deal with the guy behind the counter telling me the only caliber worth owning is 45 or one guy at a local shop claimed he only trusted 44 mag to take down a bad guy in his house. I suppose that is good reasoning if you know your best shot is lucky if you hit the guy in the shoulder. Same guy once told me a .380 would not take down a bad guy because it would only penetrate a couple inches. I wanted to hand him the .380 in my IWB holster and say shoot yourself in the foot and prove that to me.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews