JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you like the new classified rules?

• I like.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I do not like.

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • I don't care one way or another

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
I don't think the person who controls the permissions, the NWFA god (Joey), has been around enough to read your concerns about the classified system. I'm sure he will get a chance to read through all of this and make a decision when he gets a few free minutes. He's a busy person at the moment.

We live in a country founded on a semi-democracy, and looking at the current poll results, it should have some influence on him changing the policy.

As far as discussion of this being harmful to the forum as a whole. This place was not created by Mr. Link to be another outdoors trader, or craigslist. Please take the time to read the <broken link removed> and note that being free classifieds is not on the priority. Granted a majority of the users are here for that very reason, its by no means should be considered the only reason that we are here.

We are here to stand up for your second amendment rights, and part of that is having privacy in transactions using FTF deals. Which is something that the antis think should go away, but it is your right.

So I know that you are upset about the current classified policies, and I sympathize with your complaints, I too miss being able to post "I'll take it!". But for one minute, you should step back and think about how thankful you are that there is this free resource sitting here at your fingertips, and take the time to thank everyone that put their money and time into helping create and maintain this place.

I personally am going to take a few minutes and say thanks to all of the great <broken link removed> there are here!

I hope that your concerns will be addressed shortly.

Well I think us as members in both this thread and the original thread (9 pages of rants and raves) have had time to throw out our thoughts and ideas regarding the changes in the classifieds. Just as Physicsguy said, we should now give the mods and Joey time to kick around everyones thoughts regarding this and make a educated decision based on all of the pros and cons.

BTW good point Physicsguy..... It is nice to have a place right at our fingertips with answers to our firearm needs!

PG-

"... and note that being free classifieds is not on the priority. Granted a majority of the users are here for that very reason, its by no means should be considered the only reason that we are here. "

"But for one minute, you should step back and think about how thankful you are that there is this free resource sitting here at your fingertips, and take the time to thank everyone that put their money and time into helping create and maintain this place."

For those that have been on the interweb for a while, the words above are the first indicator of a dying website. I hope that is not the case here. I'm very glad Joey started this regional site and I do appreciate the work of others to maintain it. However, it must be attractive to current and future members. Pitching "free" was attractive 10 years ago, now its a requirement and the only way to achive Joey's goals.

A site must attact and keep members to survive, competeing with dozens of good alternatives. Sponsors and advertisers don't support a dying site.

Sorry I didnt mean to make it sound like a last ditch effort for a dying site. lol. This place is definitely not dying, the member number is steadily increasing. I was just trying to get some positive energy in this thread.

PG-

The number of members does not mean much since they are additive and can reflect only a few visits. Track the site hits per day or week. I hope the trend stays positive. :s0155:

Ever more reason for us to "police" our own ads.

Agreed 100&#37;.. Allow posters to delete superflous or offensive posts to their OWN ads.. That will give the mods more time for other things...

I personally find a lot of the interaction enlightening..and helpful.. And..you get a "feel" for who you would..and maybe would not want to deal with..

Agreed 100%.. Allow posters to delete superflous or offensive posts to their OWN ads.. That will give the mods more time for other things...

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Unfortunately the vBulletin software doesn't have provisions for that :(

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Unfortunately the vBulletin software doesn't have provisions for that :(

How about we make joey change it so that only supporting members can reply to classified posts :)

How about the second option then if the software doesn't allow the first one? :s0092:

OR, better yet put it back the way it was. :D :s0155:

Hello, Flame,

What if the person posting the ad thread also started a thread on the General Discussion (Handgun, Rifle, Ammo, etc) board and linked the two so that members could view the ad then go to the discussion board to throw out opinions. Sellers discretion whether to start it or not.

Sincerely,

Gasoline:D

This is only a bad idea if we are trying to cut down the number of posts on a forum(?) or sellers are afraid of having their products discussed.

Hello, Flame,

What if the person posting the ad thread also started a thread on the General Discussion (Handgun, Rifle, Ammo, etc) board and linked the two so that members could view the ad then go to the discussion board to throw out opinions. Sellers discretion whether to start it or not.

Sincerely,

This is only a bad idea if we are trying to cut down the number of posts on a forum(?) or sellers are afraid of having their products discussed.

Nice job thinking out of the box on this one however I don't think that solves the problem because the same people ******* around on the classfieds ads will just go do it in "second" ad posted. Plus as you said that is A LOT of threads and posting that aren't necessary.

Like I said nice thinking, unfortunately I disagree.... and now its time for a :beer:

Hello, Flame,

Sincerely,

Thats one way to work around the "system"... :s0114:

But it would require too much thinking when :drunk:

Hello, Flame,

Sincerely,

:s0155:

That's a tough one, maybe a custom thread starter conditional

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews