JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you like the new classified rules?

• I like.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I do not like.

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • I don't care one way or another

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
thank goodness we finally have a poll. everything I said in the original thread kept getting deleted.

Did you break the rules? Get warned? Get fined?

Remember, the goal of the board.

"I started this site with one goal in mind, "To create a community where Northwest gun owners could come together in order to defend and expand our Second Amendment rights". Those of you familiar with goal setting know that after you set goals, you have to ask yourself how you plan on achieving them and the best path to take. I knew that to achieve this goal, to make a community that was so well respected and well organized that we could actually effect laws and legislation, we were going to have to run a tight ship. "

Did you break the rules? Get warned? Get fined?

Remember, the goal of the board.

"I started this site with one goal in mind, "To create a community where Northwest gun owners could come together in order to defend and expand our Second Amendment rights". Those of you familiar with goal setting know that after you set goals, you have to ask yourself how you plan on achieving them and the best path to take. I knew that to achieve this goal, to make a community that was so well respected and well organized that we could actually effect laws and legislation, we were going to have to run a tight ship. "

I had two posts deleted. and received two warnings, all from a certain mod. And as far as I could tell I did nothing to break the rules, and I try to keep myself as a whole well within the "goal" of the board.

I had two posts deleted. and received two warnings, all from a certain mod. And as far as I could tell I did nothing to break the rules, and I try to keep myself as a whole well within the "goal" of the board.

For the moderators reading this, some sage advice: if you warn someone, you need to cite the rule that caused the infraction and be explicit in explaining how the warning was warranted. If not, you aren't helping people to understand "what they did wrong", and will increasingly be viewed as censors and tyrants.

I know what you mean. I teased a co-worker a few times at a PG to PG-13 level and had a few deletions and mod PMs. Then I see a mod say much much worse about someone else as a joke and that took a week to be removed after I called "Foul". Double standards do not work and will not be accepted. Either the standard is the same across the board or you end up as corrupt as a Chicago politician, or even as a president.....

thank goodness we finally have a poll. everything I said in the original thread kept getting deleted.

Why in the world would it be deleted if it was within the "rules"?

I wouldn't think that having an opinion on a particular item on this site and sharing said opinion in a mature and respectful way warrants a summary deletion. :huh: :confused:

I'm beginning to get a little worried over the possible hair trigger that may exist with some mods here. It's may be an unfortunate side effect of the rapid growth of the site. :(

One thing that gets forgotten is that communities that use forums are doing so to increase their presence and to expand their membership for like minded individuals. When "hair trigger" mods start slapping wrists and abusing their ban hammer then it reduces the community size. After awhile the community ceases to exhist since there's not many people left (to help support the site).

I got a warning in a classified ad for what I thought was a legit question. Maybe the mod didn't see it that way. I get the feeling there is a bit of a "good 'ole boys" club here and I would really hate to see that come true, as I do like this site and have learned alot from the info here.

For the moderators reading this, some sage advice: if you warn someone, you need to cite the rule that caused the infraction and be explicit in explaining how the warning was warranted. If not, you aren't helping people to understand "what they did wrong", and will increasingly be viewed as censors and tyrants.

Power corrupts...

I couldn't agree more.... I have not yet received a warning but if I were too I would certainly want to understand why. It's no different than getting a traffic ticket from a cop right? First thing he says is, "Do you know why I am pulling you over sir?" and if you say "no", he tells you....

And as far as it goes with getting your posts deleted for no reason that just shows that your post most likely proved a very good point in that thread that certain people probably don't want read... and unfortunately some of those people have the power to make it randomly disappear. :s0154:

I think the numbers on this poll speak for themselves but that is just my opinion and I wish the best for this site as I do enjoy it very much. (just not the classifieds as much any more...)

Just to let everyone know, us mods have been seriously discussing this change of policy, so your feedback isn't falling on deaf ears.

As far as the warning without the violation being stated, I'm going to reiterate to all the mods that this is our official policy.

Just to let everyone know, us mods have been seriously discussing this change of policy, so your feedback isn't falling on deaf ears.

As far as the warning without the violation being stated, I'm going to reiterate to all the mods that this is our official policy.

Sounds good man, your feedback is much appreciated! :s0155:

To be honest I don't have much of an opinion either way, in general. I think the biggest "pro" to reading responses in the classifieds, was what a few others have mentioned. Learning from other peoples' questions. I don't have much firearm knowledge, and it had been helping me a lot.

To be honest I don't have much of an opinion either way, in general. I think the biggest "pro" to reading responses in the classifieds, was what a few others have mentioned. Learning from other peoples' questions. I don't have much firearm knowledge, and it had been helping me a lot.

Good point. If one person posted their question, it is likely that others had the same question. With the new rules, it would be asked and answered by PM, and would probably be asked multiple times by other people. That's just flat out inefficient.

I believe that by not allowing people to post responses to the classifieds is actually harmful to this site in the following ways:

The banter that takes place in the classifieds is good, and creates an atmosphere of "competition" that ALL men crave. We like to look through the posts, make offers, flip crap and most importantly, look for ways to spend OUR money, and not let the "other half" have it all.. The way things are now... This goes away.

There are a lot of new folks to the site, that really don't know what firearms are worth, what to ask for them if they do, and to be blunt, this classified section the way it currently is now, removes an ENTIRE aspect from this forum, of "arming" people to fulfill and actually physically support our 2nd amendment right. There are people who are seriously looking for a firearm, and without any idea's what there worth, what they went for, what kind of "interest" the gun had (which really gets the competitive nature in us to come out to play).. Well, it's no wonder there are so many guys and gals upset about the "new and UN-improved" classifieds. Until things change, this doesnt go away

Personally, if there is really that big of an issue with the mods trying to deal with a "few bad apples", then drop the hammer on those FEW and really quite punishing EVERYONE for THIER stupidity, and immaturity. Hold people accountable for their actions, and quit being a DEMOCRAT....it's true, you do NOT have accept EVERYONE for how they act and the choices they decide to make. It makes me upset when a few make it a real problem for the majority.... It's not okay to act like a fool and most people on this site know that. Most people who are acting up, I think feel that the anonymity of posting gives them a sense of security. Jerk their chain, and tell them WHAT their doing wrong, WHAT they need to do to clean it up and more than likely the problem goes away. :s0155:

Personally I think there was a MOD who got tired of things not going to "THIER" plan, and just pulled an uber fascist move and censored everyone globally.

(*DISCLAIMER* In no way did I single out any of the mods, so if any took offense, I hope so. Maybe you'll get with the other mods and realize your mistake, and fix things):s0155:

As long as everybody doesn't get off topic I think people should be able to reply to a post of any sort including classifieds

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads