JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people may tell you that there is "no more" danger from a chambered striker fired than one with a DA first shot. I would say that there is and while the gun will not fire without pulling the trigger their have been significantly more instances of AD's from trigger slapping while (drawing) in a stressful situation on strikers than DA

I carry Khar sometimes and I have the round chambered but I wouldn't feel as comfortable in the 1 O'clock position as a DA

Functionally, I see not enough difference between a 8 lb stroke in DAO/Striker, or an 8 lb stroke in a DA/SA gun, I'd love to see how low some of the people who've shot themselves had set their trigger pulls to. I don't disagree with you that just about every case of gun-leg comes from being quick on the trigger, slow on the draw. Some triggers are just more likely to fall into this category than others.

You're a braver man than me, I wont go anywhere beyond 10 to 3 in my waistband.... and only 10 in a cavalry holster.

If I want a 4lb or less pull, I shoot .45 colt or .38 special in Single action.

Mind you, I'm warped from years of revolver use.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews