JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Won an auction on ebay for a PSE Bow Madness XS cam. 28 1/2 inches axle to axle! Shot one at Sportsman's and was impressed. I have heard that the strings they come with stretch out a lot and easy. Anyone suggest a good replacement, or do you think I should just break it in and see what happens. I'm excited!:D

Yeah, just got it set up, but haven't got a chance to sight it in yet, or even fire it for that matter. I liked my old bow, Hoyt Magnatec, but it was so long that it was difficult to manuever in a tree stand. This new one looks like a little toy. In fact, I was walking out of Sportsman's with it and a Dad said to his son, "That's what you need right there." His son asked me what the draw weight was and I told him 70lbs. His dad looked at it and said, "You gotta be kidding me!!!"

Well, I was hoping to get out and sight it in this weekend, so maybe I'll take some and put them up. Can't wait! Wanted a new bow for a while, just couldn't justify the expense. I know it is probably a sin to admit this on this site, but I sold a gun to get the bow.

Not a good first outing. Went to the local archery shop to sight it in. Since so many things had been installed by so many different people I asked the guy at the counter to take a look and do any necassary adjustments to tune it before I shot. He looked down his nose at me and said he'd have to see me shoot it first, and said to go shoot a few arrows and see how it does. First shot, couldn't see it in the target, but I was shooting for groups to sight in, so I notched my next arrow and aimed at the same spot. When I walked up to the target I saw that my arrows were touching!! Only problem was they had hit a half inch above the ground, an area which is protected by wooden boards. Couldn't get them out. Two shots, two broken arrows. I adjusted my sights as far as they would go to raise the point of impact. Fired my last arrow, hit the wood again, last arrow gone. So I went back to the guy at the counter, who was obviously annoyed. He grabbed a couple shop arrows and went to shoot it, same thing. Then he walked back toward his shop area and TOLD me to, "go get those arrows." Anyway, to be brief, he said I needed to change to a different type of rest, and said they would need to keep it for a few days to tune it.

Just bugs me because I asked him to look at it before I shot it. I am no expert, but my groups have always been very good and I know how to shoot a bow. That being said, I am the first to admit that I don't know how to work on them, which is why I take it to people who do. This is the kind of thing that keeps people from getting into the sport. Know it alls looking down on them rather than helping out. Although I must say that some of the other guys shooting there were very helpful and tried to help out.

As far as the bow goes, I can tell you that the draw was very smooth, it was really quiet, must've been fast (judging by the penetration on the wood), and shot a 1 inch group right out of the box (just wish I could have done it on paper). I'll get pics and a real review up when it is correctly set up and sighted in.

Since you live in Oregon City, I would assume you went to Broken Arrow in Milwaukie? Your experience there is completely contrary to any experience I've had with them (if it is them). Yes, their prices are high (most retail bow shops are the same), but their service in my experience has been exemplary.

If I have an "advice project" for them (know it will take some time to work through), I try to arrive on a day and hour that I know there might be fewer customers, and I put enough time aside to leisurely work through my "project" with the store guy, and even allow him to take care of "quickie customers" during the process, in fact encouraging him to do so.

Some impatience may be from the fact you did not buy the bow from them, and wanted them to provide time and energy toward adjustments, etc., but this would be easily overshadowed if you advised them up front that you were willing to spend a little in their shop to make the bow right. (String, arrows, labor to install the string, etc.) If indeed you made this clear, then that guy's behavior toward you was completely unacceptable.

Now, if you went to Archer's Afield in Tigard, then that sort of treatment is in my experience normal for them. I personally know the owner, and have spoken to him about it, but not much has changed there. Perhaps I caught them on more than one "bad day", but I've been treated impatiently there more than once. Never at Broken Arrow.

Anyway, congrats on your fine PSE. Personally, I shoot a PSE Rageous that is over 10 years old and am extremely satisfied with their factory support when I have needed it. Good Luck!

I will not say where I went, because I have had good and bad customer service there over the years. Guess it is the luck of the draw on who you get and what kind of mood they are in. But I did buy several components, including the sights which they installed, at that shop, and by asking him to tune the bow I thought it would be understood that I would pay.

Regardless of whether or not I was going to spend money in that shop, this kind of service only went toward ensuring that I will not be spending any more money there. I got this same type of treatment there when I first got into the sport. The only reason I left the bow was because the guy had seen what was happening and seemed to know how to fix it, and I want this thing ready to start practicing with ASAP.

I'll be looking for a new place to shoot from now on. I don't like giving my money to a place that treats you well one trip, and could care less the next.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top