Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

New ATF Ruling makes it OK to go from pistol to rifle and back to pistol

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PinkhamR, Aug 24, 2011.

1. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

In the past, ATF has said that you could not convert a pistol to a rifle and back to a pistol (except for the Thompson Center Kits that were sold in both configurations) without filing NFA paperwork (as a pistol made from a rifle). A new ATF Ruling (2011-4 dated 25 July 11) now says that if a firearm ORIGINALLY starts out as a pistol then it is OK to convert it to a rifle and back to a pistol. If it was ORIGINALLY a rifle, it needs to stay a rifle. This is good news for the folks who like the conversion kits for Glocks, 1911, etc.. that have a stock and 16" barrel. You can now convert them back and forth without worry.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulin...ing-2011-4.pdf

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

3. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Nice, I just picked up a bunch of 0% AR lowers I was going to paper as pistols (15% excise) at least now they can become either. I'm still trying to figure out wtf california requires when selling a pistol receiver.