JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Few people can turn a hobby or what they love to do into a steady source of good income - luck is probably a high factor for those people in addition to skill.

You don't have to love what you do for a living, but you should at least like it enough so that you can keep the drive to get up and get the work done. Of course burnout can and does set in.

Took me about 10 years of chasing my "dream job" and getting cut from the applicant pool - sometimes in short order, sometimes making it to the final round of applicants, before saying screw it and focusing on what I was already good at.

If you can be happy with the work you do, or at least some aspect about it, like Mike says you can become passionate about your job, without your passion leading you astray.

I've had no real luck in the working world. I work hard, show up when I'm supposed to, keep my personal life sepperate from work, as well as do as I am asked.

Even with all of that I still haven't been able to succeed very much.

Maybe I'm lazy, or not as good of a person as I like to think. Not sure, but I think about those things a lot when facing the inability to get good work.

I don't really know anymore, I just wish I could find something good, that paid enough to live decent off of, with no drama or stupid people involved.

I'm likely looking for a pot of gold at that. Much less capable of finding something I'll truly enjoy.

Reality is today you have to fight tooth and nail. Then those that succeed usually are those that would stab the other guy in the back to get there.

I've had no real luck in the working world. I work hard, show up when I'm supposed to, keep my personal life sepperate from work, as well as do as I am asked.

Even with all of that I still haven't been able to succeed very much.

Maybe I'm lazy, or not as good of a person as I like to think. Not sure, but I think about those things a lot when facing the inability to get good work.

I don't really know anymore, I just wish I could find something good, that paid enough to live decent off of, with no drama or stupid people involved.

I'm likely looking for a pot of gold at that. Much less capable of finding something I'll truly enjoy.

Reality is today you have to fight tooth and nail. Then those that succeed usually are those that would stab the other guy in the back to get there.

Been there man!

Mostly though, it is ALOT about whom you know as much as what you know… and maybe some lucky timing.

90% of my jobs since starting working at 14 part time in an aquarium store have been referrals from people I did work for at some point… After seeing my work ethic (which it sounds like you have a good one) and sent me up the chain to a better paying job. More money means more pressure but that's pretty standard.

Best of Luck too you in finding what you want sooner then later.

After thinking I retired 6 years ago, I'm back at the job search and haven't had to interview (other then the formality) for a job since I was 20 and I'm almost 40 now.

Don't doubt yourself if your doing if your giving it 100%;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top