JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is NO such gun. It is just not possible to have that. If you read much on the subject you will see there are many people that have been shot or shot several times with large caliber guns including rifles and shotguns that still did not go down.

While there can be advantages to carrying larger guns there are also trade offs that is not the point I am trying to make. Just dont get caught up in the "because I have XX gun in XX caliber it will be 100% effective" hype.

Of course you should carry what gun you can actually shoot well in the caliber you feel you need to.

You are right on with this, I got caught up in the "Bigger is always better" stuff. I should have said typically less shots will be more effective, but placement is more important and being able to handle your weapon regardless of caliber. Thanks for the correction.

Thanks for all of the input. After handling a couple Glocks (friends 17 and 23) and another friends XD40, i like the feel of the XD better. Any other advice from the experts?

Thanks,
OC

Personally, I think that the XD and the Glock are too big. I much prefer single stack mags. I bought a Kahr CW9 for that exact reason. If I were buying something today, it would be the Kahr CM9, which wasn't available when I bought mine. The CM9 is the same size as the PM9, but a lot less money.

Glocks and XD's are good guns, just large chunks of square metal that are hard to conceal.

Take it for what it is worth though, I am skinny and don't like wearing super baggy clothing, so single stacks suit me better.

I like round count My G27 holds 11 rounds. I find with a "small"good leather holster it conceals well. 1/4" wider than a single stack. I carry fine.

I carried a Glock 27 for years. Then thought I wanted something slimmer and purchased a Walther PPS 40. Great gun and I shot it well but missed having almost double the capacity with the Glock. My current set up is a Glock 35 for a duty gun with the 27 as backup, 23 for Concealed carry.

There are a lot of good comments on this subject. As firearms instructor, I agree there is no one gun to do it all. It all depends on the situations you may be in. The Taurus P145 Millinium Pro is a good inexpensive gun and quite reliable along with being fairly safe to carry. I like the .45 acp as the round is designed to have "knock down" with the slower larger bullet. However if you want a smaller size concealed carry, you may have to go to a smaller caliber such as a .380 or a 9mm. I don't care for the calibers much, but, hey, something is better than nothing! The .40 cal, I like real well but it's difficult to find a smaller thin frame in that. If I had only one to carry, I prefer the 1911 .45 acp. in a sub compact. Not a lot of rounds but one isn't going to be in an long firefight. If one is, then that's another ball game! Good Luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top