JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I'm looking for a 1X4 scope for my AR. Is there anything out there that fills these requirements... 1X4 magnification, Illuminated reticle, Unlimited eye reliefe in 1 power, able to position for co witness with flip up arms iron rear sight, price range up to the $250-$300 range?

I dont have the the answer but would really like to hear it.

I am currently running an Aimpoint ML3 w/2MOA...I really like it but sometime also want some magnification and have thought of adding a magnifier but think that a lower power variable scope would be a good idea.

I dont have the the answer but would really like to hear it.

I am currently running an Aimpoint ML3 w/2MOA...I really like it but sometime also want some magnification and have thought of adding a magnifier but think that a lower power variable scope would be a good idea.

To West and Sheepdog, your closest thing you are going to get to this solution is probably going to be an Aimpoint with a 2x Magnifier.

How well does a 2X aimpoint work with co-witnes irons and red dot CQB?

Decent...you have to realize that once you get 3.5x and higher your front sight post is non-existant (if that's what you desire). With red dots it's tricky...if you want to still use your irons I would suggest not doing any magnification at all. If you want to see through your sights I would suggest 3.5x and up.

Funny thing that this topic just came up because I just did a review on the NcStar <broken link removed> w/ <broken link removed> red dot combination on another forum.

NcStar MK III Tactical w/DDAB (Current MSRP= $200)

For the money, this scope cannot be beat...youtube it as well, you'll be surprised at how much these innexpensive scopes are making a roar in the gun community. The MK III is basically a cheap ACOG knock-off...and the DDAB is basically a cheap Docter Reflex Knock-off.

Trijicon ACOG w/ Docter Reflex (current MSRP= $1600)

I just bastardized my NcStar DDAB to fix my Docter Reflex a few weeks ago. The parts are literally IDENTICAL. Thank god the price tags aren't! The Docter Reflex costed me $300. The DDAB costed me $50!!!!

You might want to check out Lucid HD7 red dot. Looks to be pretty good for the price.

Hey, looks like a good find!

Subject: LUCID Launches With HD7 Red Dot Sight
(The Outdoor Wire) RIVERTON, WYOMING - LUCID, LLC., a new entry in the shooting sports field has introduced the first in what is to be a long line of new and innovative optical sights. The new HD7 red dot sight, exhibits quality and features that are commonly seen on competitive sights at much higher price points.

Most notably, the HD7 utilizes an electronic auto brightness sensor to keep reticle flare under control when the operator moves from a bright environment to a dimly lit one, e.g. from exterior sunlight to interior low light. Brightness may also be adjusted manually if preferred. With four reticle choices available at the twist of a knob, the HD7 is built on a rugged aluminum frame that is fully rubber armored, with optics that are 100&#37; waterproof, shockproof (.458 SOCOM tested) and fog proof. Fingertip1/2MOA windage and elevation adjustments make for fast and accurate weapon sighting. Powered by a single AAA battery, the LUCID HD7 red dot sight will provide hours of on target shooting for a very reasonable price, especially for the quality and features it offers.

LUCID, based in Riverton, Wyoming, was founded in 2009 by Jason Wilson, former Brunton Optics Category Manager. While at Brunton, Jason designed, developed and brought to market several new, innovative and award winning optical products for the sporting industry. These include: a Field & Stream, "Best of the Best" award for the EPOCH 7.5x43 Binocular, An Outdoor Life "Editors Choice" award for the ETERNA 65mm Spotting Scope and a National Geographic "Best of the Adventure Gear test" award for the ECHO Zoom Monocular The world's first true zoom monocular.

The entire goal in creating LUCID was to design, develop and offer innovative shooting optics at affordable prices. The HD7 red dot sight is just the beginning.

"Look for us at a dealer near you or on line at www.mylucidgear.com"
Jason WIlson (307) 840-2160 or [email protected]

And they can be found for $199 <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR