JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soo I am Buying my AR This Monday and Id like To Put a scope on it... Now I know there are TONS out there that are 30 to up in the 3k and up range. now All id like is something that allows me to magnify up to maybe 100 yards. Iv got no clue what 9x42mm means lol ( I just took that spec off a scope i saw in a magazine i have) soo PLEASE help me lol... ohh and i wanna keep it fairly cheap.. as in like around 100?

check out the vortex strikefire. I think it can be had for around $125. A little more than you want to spend but a good red or green dot that has an optional 2x magnifier.

Yea but How can I tell how far i can see? like what does 9x42mm or 9x28mm mean? i dont get what those specs mean:(

First number is magnification. ( 9 power ) Second is size of objective lens ( 42mm, and 28mm lenses )

For a cheap scope that works, look at a Simmons shotgun scope:

<broken link removed>

I've been running an older version for years. I was wanting to try a variable low-power scope for competition, it was recommended I try this for concept before dropping a small fortune on one of the bigger name scopes....it has worked so well for me, I haven't upgraded it....

243187626-XL.jpg

First number is magnification. ( 9 power ) Second is size of objective lens ( 42mm, and 28mm lenses )

For a cheap scope that works, look at a Simmons shotgun scope:

<broken link removed>

I've been running an older version for years. I was wanting to try a variable low-power scope for competition, it was recommended I try this for concept before dropping a small fortune on one of the bigger name scopes....it has worked so well for me, I haven't upgraded it....

243187626-XL.jpg

I like it. :s0155:

Before you buy a cheap scope for your new AR, check this mid-range combo: <broken link removed> . I swear by it. All the good things they say about it are true.

I plant to spend this Saturday morning at Beaver Dam rock quarry at Browns Camp; you can check it out if you care.

I have been looking at this scope. I currently have a 4moa dot and cant decide between the 2moa aimpoint with magnifier or something like this. I shoot competition stuff sometimes and like the speed and unlimited eye relief of the red dot. But want the offerings of a scope like the one you posted.

I have problems cuz the dot is twice the size of my target with a 4moa dot. thats why I am thinking of going to a 2moa. I can see that far just fine I just can see my target

Eotech's have an even smaller, 1 moa dot. But having the large, 65 moa dot around it makes it still effective for up close work.

1 moa is only three inches at 300 yards. Could hit an orange clay no problem.

Hey Guys.. I got my AR today and a scope. I was in the Gun shop i bought my gun from and there as an AR in there Same as mine Brand and everything but it was only $30 more with a scope on it.. Soo I asked if I could just have the scope and add $30 to my price.. Well they ended up Giving me a Brand new scope and didnt make me pay any extra. So the scope i got was a FM Optics 3-9x26 it may not be the BEST scope but it will work and for free its even better. Its around a $70 scope.

Hey Guys.. I got my AR today and a scope. I was in the Gun shop i bought my gun from and there as an AR in there Same as mine Brand and everything but it was only $30 more with a scope on it.. Soo I asked if I could just have the scope and add $30 to my price.. Well they ended up Giving me a Brand new scope and no making me pay any extra. So the scope i got was a FM Optics 3-9x26 it may not be the BEST scope but it will work and for free its even better. Its around a $70 scope.

Welcome to the BR Club, hope the scope works out for you. I'm using an "El Cheapo" holographic sight, which has been fine at about 50 yds. Have not tried it at 100 or beyond yet, I don't expect much, but we'll shall see.

I use a fako aimpoint. <broken link removed> I wouldn't put it on an ak (Every cheap E-sight fails on my ak's) but I've had it on my AR for a year or more now (2-3k rounds) and it's still brand new. Same batt too. For only $150 with this you can't go wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top