JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not interested in trying to create and setup a NFA trust myself. I just assume find a local Oregon Lawyer to do this right. Any suggestions or referrals for a experienced lawyer to hire for this?

Good question. I'm thinking of doing a trust too. Would be interested in lawyer suggestions in the Salem or
McMinnville areas. Any recommendations from those that have done a NFA trust?

The guy who is dealing with my machine gun trust issues is Dennis Brislawn, up in Kirkland Washington. He is very good, and has three different levels "silver, gold and platinum" to choose from, depending on what your needs are.
"Cocktailer" recommended him to me, and so far he has been very helpful unraveling the mess that I inherited.

Cool I will have to check him out. I want to do something sooner than later. I was hoping there would be others chiming in here on who they used to get their NFA trust in place.

The guy who is dealing with my machine gun trust issues is Dennis Brislawn, up in Kirkland Washington. He is very good, and has three different levels "silver, gold and platinum" to choose from, depending on what your needs are.
"Cocktailer" recommended him to me, and so far he has been very helpful unraveling the mess that I inherited.

This...

NW Gun Law Group: NW Gun Law Group

I went with Jake Whitmire in Southern Oregon. He can do the whole thing via e-mail and is very knowledgeable and helpful. Couldn't be happier!

[email protected]

Jake is squared away and a super human being. I believe he charges $300. Tell him Dan and Rick from OFA recommended him to you. Tell him that should account for some kind of discount!! You can check out his banner ad for contact info on oregonconcealedcarry.com

Just a FYI:
Make sure the lawyer doesn't give the trust title a crazy long name which includes date, etc. I've seen them ridiculously long which might make sense to lawyers, but for the NFA forms it's nuts.

Good to know Ryo...thanks

I am still researching this out a bit before I make a decision. It is interesting to see such a wide margin for pricing differences. Hopefully something will pan out soon so I can get this moving. I will report back who I go with on this thread and recommendations. I appreciate everyone's input.

Hi My name is Eric, I am one of the owners of 199trust.com. I ran across this forum because it referenced us. Thanks Novamind for the shout out!

Where most charge $400+ for a Gun Trust, we only charge $199. We email your documents within 24hrs and ensure your satisfaction. As you can imagine we have done more than a few revocable NFA specific trusts and have had success with them. I encourage you to check out our website and consider using us for creating your trust documents before paying someone else too much for the same service.

Feel free to give us a buzz at (888) 442-4307 or shoot us an email at [email protected].

V/R,

Eric W
199Trust.com

I found this link on LittleBear Gun Shops' website. It was a pop-out ad. I Posted it for information purposes, no knowledge of them, but interested and on feedback also.....The Price is Right.

Yes the price is good. Appears that the trust is also drawn up by a professional attorney. It is interesting to see such a wide range in pricing. I have seen everything from $199 to $600. All pretty much for the same thing...this is what makes me so skeptical about all this. But I am leaning towards 199trust.com at this point.

I have my reservations also but...I'm considering poping on this. I also just need some more think time and reasearch, I know and have done business with Richard @ LittleBear Gun Shop and can vouch for him, a straight up man. indeed. So, since he had this advertisement on his website I,m inclined to think positive on this issue. Time to say Hi to Richard and see whats up so to speak.

Because I want this to come from an Attorney, I chose not to go the DIY route. I don't mind paying a little more for what I need, but some of the pricing is outrageous for what I need. That said, I am going to do the 199trust.com option and see how it goes. I think $200 is reasonable for this purpose. I will report back on how this goes. I have a lot of friends interested in doing this but have a lot of questions too. Plus everything out on the internet about NFA trusts seem to be vague and non-specific. It's like trying to piece a puzzle together. I don't have time for that...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top