JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I have not purchased anything from any of these groups, I can say that I have read Dennis Brislawn's trust. It is very well written. In fact, it is information mapped, so even the non-lawyer speaking individuals can understand it, follow it, etc.
I have met Dennis a couple of times, he is a genuine second amendment type person, understands NFA law and is very articulate on trust matters. If you need custom trust language, like adding all your trust worthy friends (to your trust) and still provide for your kids and grand kids, Dennis can probably do it.

Wow... There is a thread here that outlines how to DIY your own revocable trust, complete with a ready made template that all you do is fill in the blanks with your relevant information and have it notarized. Mine sailed through for my SBR with no problems whatsoever, and is just as legal, just as "ironclad" as one you pay "big money" to have one drafted by an attorney... if it wasn't the BATF would have kicked it back to me.

It's your money do what you want, but it would pay for the $200 tax stamp alone... Just sayin'.

Wow... There is a thread here that outlines how to DIY your own revocable trust, complete with a ready made template that all you do is fill in the blanks with your relevant information and have it notarized. Mine sailed through for my SBR with no problems whatsoever, and is just as legal, just as "ironclad" as one you pay "big money" to have one drafted by an attorney... if it wasn't the BATF would have kicked it back to me.

It's your money do what you want, but it would pay for the $200 tax stamp alone... Just sayin'.

Stomper, are you able to revise or add other members to a DIY trust at a later time?

Stomper, are you able to revise or add other members to a DIY trust at a later time?

If you are the listed executor, you can add, change, and delete whoever, and whatever you want to/from the Trust. This includes current trustees, lines of succession for the next executor (with any stipulations/survivorship in the event of your demise), and Trust property listed in the schedule of property like NFA items (with the proper BATFE forms/procedures) and any other physical property/assets.

You just have to draft up a dated amendment with the details of the changes (I suggest you have it notarized) and attach it to the prior dated Trust. This establishes a timeline of changes as the Trust "evolves" over the course of your and subsequent successor's lifetime(s). Should your estate go into probate after your demise, the Court will enforce the most current amendment of the Trust.

From what I read, Oregon Trust law is pretty straight forward without a lot of "legalese" to wade through. Just keep in mind that as far as the law is concerned, a Trust is for all intents and purposes a "person" (legal entity) and any and all property listed in the schedule of property in the Trust paperwork legally does not belong to you, it is owned by the Trust, however you get to control the Trust as the executor (pretty cool).

That is why you don't have to fiddle-fart around with fingerprints, background checks, local Chief LEO permission, etc. Also, anyone listed as a trustee who can legally posses a firearm may use any NFA item listed on the schedule of property w/o you being present. You should ALWAYS (IMHO) have a photocopy (NOT the originals) of the BATFE tax stamp, and a photocopy of the trust with your (and any trustee's) name(s) listed just in case a LEO questions your hardware out in the field.

Finally, keep in mind that I'm not a lawyer so PLEASE be sure to do your own homework. It's not to hard to get the info, read what you can, then google it up for yourself so that you don't get caught short and try to blame ol' Stomper for your troubles.... ;)

. . . I am going to do the 199trust.com option and see how it goes. I think $200 is reasonable for this purpose. I will report back on how this goes....
Well? Didja buy one? Have any problems with it?

http://199trust.com/ seems to be charging $79 for their NFA Trust now. Unlike the Bronze trust ($97) from the group in Kirkland, the 199trust product allows more than one Trustee (people who can possess/use the listed items), so I'm leaning that direction - that way, both my adult son and I can be alone with the suppressor.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top