JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea 300 blk and ar15 are pretty much the same correct? And what is the factory pull weight? And is this an adjustable trigger?

I put a Geissele ALG trigger in my SBR .300 Blk because I wanted a really nice crisp feel without having the trigger pull weight be to light.
It's set at 5 lbs. from the factory and it performs very well for the money.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwii0oHz5MjKAhWDMGMKHZ6JBuAQFggcMAA&url=http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/ALG_Defense_Combat_Trigger_ACT_Tuned_By_Geissele_p/alg-act.htm&usg=AFQjCNGb2r-EfrN5PnrD0KXniNHtCzlGPw&sig2=_vGQ80KqGMBJK3FCcrgBmQ

Last Edited:
Jeff,

That looks like a pretty nice trigger. But if im reading right its heavier than factory weight right??... I really dont know if i want lighter or heavier.... Thats why i was kind of wanting an adjustable one so i could play around with it a little. But what ron said it could adjust its self at the wrong times. Which i find really scary. But i do know that i want a new trigger.

Most standard mil-spec AR triggers come in around 7-8 lbs with a long and gritty release.
The ALG has a really nice, no drama release and unless you're into 3 gun matches or target shooting, I find the 5 lb. to be a safe and economic upgrade.

i run a single stage 3.5lb CMC flat trigger in one and a stock trigger thats 4.5lbs thats been set screwed,polished to a mirror finish, hammer chopped,and has JP yellow springs in another both are nice but i prefer the CMC.

Hmmm.... looks like you guys have given me some decisions and choices. Maybe ill just go with the $56 one. And i guess the next big wuestio. Would lie, how do you install one? Or do you have to have them professionally done?

Very easy to do and there is a bunch of YouTube videos showing how.
The ALG comes with a short blind pin that allows you to pre-assemble the trigger, dis-connector and spring together and then drop it all into place, and then push the trigger pin in through the side of the lower receiver and push the blind assembly pin out the other side.

yeah , and if I get something adjustable....its hard to leave alone.

I am a trigger freak, like ACT's for a nice milspec replacement.
Had a Timney 667 thought it was great....liked CMC 3.5 flat bows better and still have 'em thought I never needed anything better, and I really didn't.
But I went ahead and got a Geissele because I had to see for myself about the hype.....skeptical
The SD-E is bar none the finest trigger I have pulled on an AR .
It is the first time I gave a serious run at a two stage trigger and I have to say I love it and it shrank my groups at 100y and beyond instantly and consistently.
I love shooting my AR long but for the most part I shoot them run and gun , barrier drills, 9 hole , stuff like that so I always thought a single stage was better ......but I was wrong again, the SD-E is also the fastest trigger I have ever pulled in a "work" gun....run and gun with it is awesome and the required controlled pairs are telepathic....
The CMC's run rocket wire in their trigger cassette hammer spring, giving a nice over milspec poundage on the hammer strike
Somehow the Geissele strikes harder yet, clearly heard comparing the two side by side

worth every penny ......and some

image_zpsegvbqvo1.jpe

yeah , and if I get something adjustable....its hard to leave alone.

I am a trigger freak, like ACT's for a nice milspec replacement.
Had a Timney 667 thought it was great....liked CMC 3.5 flat bows better and still have 'em thought I never needed anything better, and I really didn't.
But I went ahead and got a Geissele because I had to see for myself about the hype.....skeptical
The SD-E is bar none the finest trigger I have pulled on an AR .
It is the first time I gave a serious run at a two stage trigger and I have to say I love it and it shrank my groups at 100y and beyond instantly and consistently.
I love shooting my AR long but for the most part I shoot them run and gun , barrier drills, 9 hole , stuff like that so I always thought a single stage was better ......but I was wrong again, the SD-E is also the fastest trigger I have ever pulled in a "work" gun....run and gun with it is awesome and the required controlled pairs are telepathic....
The CMC's run rocket wire in their trigger cassette hammer spring, giving a nice over milspec poundage on the hammer strike
Somehow the Geissele strikes harder yet, clearly heard comparing the two side by side

worth every penny ......and some

So the SD-E is the best trigger you have fired? Could you give me a link to where you can get one please? And also what do you mean by "run and gun" also for this trigger what is the pull weight? I just have a factory trigger in mine, and i definitely think that i want a littler lighter of a trigger...
Hopefully this SD-E is a semi cheapish trigger.

But thanks for the feedback. Still not 100% sure on what one i want to pick up yet. But definitely loving all the feedback. Thanks everyone.

So the SD-E is the best trigger you have fired? Could you give me a link to where you can get one please? And also what do you mean by "run and gun" also for this trigger what is the pull weight? I just have a factory trigger in mine, and i definitely think that i want a littler lighter of a trigger...
Hopefully this SD-E is a semi cheapish trigger.

But thanks for the feedback. Still not 100% sure on what one i want to pick up yet. But definitely loving all the feedback. Thanks everyone.
well i certainly haven't pulled them all but I have owned some contenders and out of them and a few sessions with other trigger that I haven't personally owned , like the RRA national match, the SD-E is superior for my needs...., but it is not really a beginners trigger, not knowing your shooting history I mean no offense......it has a 2.3# first stage and a 1.2# second stage pull. it is not cheap but its worth saving for and when they are on sale you can get them for 50 bucks less here is one of the best places to get it but they are a ton of places online:
<broken link removed>

run n gun ?
I most like to shoot my AR's at gongs and such, not from a bench, not at a public range , from different positions.....over and under things , using cover, shooting off hand .....Its fun and builds good skills.
IMG_1156_zps4f5ab1e3.jpg
IMG_1703_zps8cc2bc7e.jpg

IMGA0116_zps2a132ff1.jpg

However I really like to go prone and shoot at distance as well at a range that has a great 600 yard spot
image.jpg

IMG_1156_zps4f5ab1e3.jpg

IMG_1703_zps8cc2bc7e.jpg

IMGA0116_zps2a132ff1.jpg

image.jpg

Last Edited:
oli got his a little cheaper though, huh oli...;)

OP as oli stated this is not a beginner's trigger. I will guarantee you would be more than happy with the SSA or if you prefer that flat bow than a SD-C. If you find these too rich for your blood than get the G2S it is very similar to the SSA but is cheaper because of the way it retains the hammer pin and lacks their typical laser engraving, it a little more difficult to install/remove because of the separate retainer spring but it is not too bad to deal with. Just be sure you get the small version.
yeah I did, I just wish I got off the pot for black friday, I think Primary Arms had them 25% off ?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top