JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a new XBolt Hells Canyon in 7mm mag that is used by my daughter. Its It's been quite a few years since I reloaded this caliber. The gun will be used for elk and mule deer in Colorado.
Does anyone have good loads for this rifle for hunting this game?
Thanks

The heavier the bullet, the slower the powder. When I intend for a rifle to be dual purpose, I tend to go with what is appropriate for the bigger animal. In 7mm Rem Mag, thats probably 160gr unless loading an all copper bullet. Then I'd got 140gr. For powders, H4831 and Reloader 22 are my two go-tos in that weight range.

The Nosler site has the most accurate powders for each bullet weight, listed. I go by that. I havent gotten out and tried all my loads yet but one I shot last year, 150 gr Nos Partition with 62gr IMR 4350 was very accurate. Good luck!

Last Edited:
The 160 partition and 160 accubond with enough RL 22 to get around 3000 fps harvested many head of deer and elk for me back when the 7mm mag was my cartridge of choice. After experimenting with lighter bullets driven faster I settled on 160 gr as it was plenty flat shooting and did less meat damage.

F6C0B7E7-EFFC-4DAC-97AF-63F8E2CF671D.jpeg

44E18B4B-BEC3-4D3E-8907-BCDCD3453C65.jpeg

B1F6289E-BCAB-4668-9DA3-87D2994FE6A7.jpeg

Work up to max loads.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR