JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this has been discussed many times but I can't find what I need so here it goes.

Looking for a high power variable scope under $600 to $800
Something like up to 20x 24x.
Good fair quality.
Thin crosshairs (22lr)
It's going on my 22 KIDD for now until can upgrade to a CZ or better Annie.r
I want to see the the holes in paper at 100 yards reaching to 150 yards down to 20 yards.
I would like a Nightforce or Sigtron, Lepoulds but to expecive for now.
Been looking at Weaver or Vortex and more.
Andybody with experience in this range please help me! I'm really having a hard time with this.
If anybody can give me some models to check out I will be forever grateful!
Again I have done days and days of research only to be more confused.
I want something nice that will serve on a better gun in future.
Please no lectures on what I'm doing wrong just some solid advice would be nice (courteous please).
I'll take links to read as well but I'm sure I have read most.
I know this is beating a dead horse but I'm really stuck and sales men just make it worse.

Thanks to all the professional individuals that understand.
Thank you so much.

Wow. Sounds like a precision build .22rf rifle. Way out of our price range. Talk to Leopold. I think they can get you started in the right direction. Right here in Oregon. FWIW, we have had a happy track record with Leopold going back many many years ago.

A fixed power high magnification scope with a simple reticle may fit your needs well. Especially if your not changing ranges often or doing any turret based elevation changes, also known as nothing tactical.

Staying primarily in the ranges you listed something like this Leopold would work well.

Leupold Optics FX-3 Silhouette 25x40mm -

Edit:

Reread your post and realized you were changing larger distances. The fixed may not be the greatest for 20 yards.

A Leopold may still be the best route for their clarity. However they get tactical with their reticles once you mention high magnification.

Last Edited:
I follow a few guys from Long range shooters of Utah and one of them goes by the name 22lrmarksman, he uses the Cabela's covenant tactical scope, saves on $$ and seems to work well for him, he shoots his CZ455 trainer against a few much nicer 22lr rifles and seems to do great, probably would be plenty good enough for your KIDD rifle.

Jim Cannon (@22lrmarksmen) • Instagram photos and videos
Instagram post by Jim Cannon • Feb 25, 2017 at 2:49pm UTC

I also keep a eye on long range shooters of Utah that's actually where I'm from. The gun community isn't as strong around here (as in around and outside Portland) I may go Vortex due to cost but Nightforce or Sightron is probably what I need just can't afford one yet. I'm not impressed with Leopold so much theses days I feel they are way over priced don't get me wrong exelent scopes but the competition is getting strong.

Ideas is to install this on my KIDD that's a exelent shooter but then when I get a better bolt 22lr (CZ or Anschutz) I will move it ove and go red dot on Kidd and turn it to a light weight speed shooter.

Take a closer look at the Sightrons and shop around. With $800 you could probably get an SIII 30mm 6-24x scope with a very thin crosshair. This would be a very large scope for that rifle though.

For a little over $400 you could get the SII Sightron 6-24x 1 inch scope with the parallax adjustment on the objective. These will focus down to like 15 yards.

I am happy with my Sightron SII Competition 36x42mm on my CZ 455 Varmint. $460 at Midway.
Take a closer look at the Sightrons and shop around. With $800 you could probably get an SIII 30mm 6-24x scope with a very thin crosshair. This would be a very large scope for that rifle though.

For a little over $400 you could get the SII Sightron 6-24x 1 inch scope with the parallax adjustment on the objective. These will focus down to like 15 yards.

Where would I find such deals? On this sight? eBay makes me nervous I have been looking buy may you know something I don't?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top