JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, guys, I've found myself trying to reconstitute a KAC M5 RAS to Deployment Spec, and to build a full panel-kit for an M4 RAS to "fake it" with a Middy. I've found myself short a few on certain panels, over on others.

Question is, since my surplus is two 6-ribs and two 2-ribs, about half the panels of an M4 kit, do I...
--Try to trade or sell them for the 11-, 9-, 5- and 4-rib panels I need, along with foregrips and cases?
--Set them aside toward a real M4 RAS, just in case I go forward with a "Mk 18 Pistol" build I'm considering? (Though on that one, I want an FSB upper and since I can't get the discontinued FSB-notched Daniel Defense upper I'm thinking VLTOR CASV-EL.)
--Toss 'em into my Pay-It-Forward Goodies Box?

Second part, the Mk 18 pistol. I suppose I should stress "inspired by" since issue rails are all black or FDE, and this build's going Foliage Green...

Known components:
--Lower: one of my lime-green $20 St. Paddy's Day-special EP Armory blanks, coated in Rustoleum OD. (Already have both, might as well put 'em to use...)
--LPK: $30 Anderson from Primary Arms sale.
--Ambi safety: next GI-style one I find for ~$15-20.
--BCG and CH: tempted to go back to DSArms for another set.
--CH latch: another Badger 249-02. (I'm a lefty, but this works just right for my right index finger.)
--Pistol Grip: another FAB Defense AGF-43S-OD, next time they drop a 20-30%-off coupon.
--Foregrip (assuming AFG's are still not-AOW unlike VFGs): FAB Defense PTK angled foregrip plus VTS thumb-stop, ditto re coupons.
--Handguard: VLTOR CASV-EL, Extended Carbine Length (wraps around FSB), Foliage Green.
--Rear sight: Diamondhead 1401.
--Blast deflector: Definitely another Indian Creek BFD
--Optic: Eventually I'd like to rack on a Hartman MH1, but for now I'm looking at this new one from Leapers for "starter" and tech familiarization. (Intent is, once I buy the Hartman the Leapers goes to a .22LR "trainer" upper.)
Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear
Need advice on:
--Upper: Looking at PSA's 10.5" FSB that's listed for $200--any of you guys have experience with these, or can you suggest a similarly-priced (or only slightly more) and -configured upper you've had good results with?
PSA 10.5" 5.56 NATO 1:7 Nitride Upper - without BCG or Charging Handle - 507020
--Pistol buffer-kit: I know absolutely nothing about these. Any recommendations? Bonus point, does anybody make a pistol tube with a rail or two on it? (I'm thinking maybe stick a couple CAA rail-mount mag-carriers on there, and Ziptied rails are the combined worst of Bubba and Mall Ninja.)
--Flash suppressor: Trying to decide if I should go with another AFAB, or if this little fire-breather will need more taming.

Anybody out there in TV Land have any advice on either of these?

Last Edited:
I have a bunch of random kac panels and a an extra panel pouch thing if you want it too.

Message me if you want em for your m5 rail.

As for the mk18 a 10.3" would be the optimal barrel length if possible and going mod0 is pretty cheap and easy before converting to the more expensive mod1. Gets the firearm to a functional usable state until the hard to find dd rails cam be located.

Used lots of pistol buffers, not sure if I've ever seen one with rails. I would be concerned with an overzealous enforcement of a "shoulderable stock" though. Modifying pistol buffer tubes with anything that isn't atf approved may be a sticky situation in the wrong instances imo.

Thanks, amigo--will fire off a followup note once I've verified exactly what I'm down.

Re rails, the VLTOR one I mentioned was ordered and used by Navy EOD units for their Mk 18's, even collaborating on the design, so I thought with how much green furniture I tend to put on things as part of my "bottom-feeder watch-the-clearance-lists" acquisitions strategy that might be an apt blending of "mil-spec structure" and "color personalization." The DD I couldn't find was for the Mod 0 IIRC--Mod 0 is FSB, Mod 1 is lo-pro with full free-float quad, right?

D'oh... just realized I forgot the link on the optic.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top