JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm using TAC for my new load in my Tikka .223 T3 Varmint stainless. It's a really fine ball powder and I find my Lee powder measure isn't up to the task. I'm dropping kernels all over. Can anyone recommend a better powder measure?

P

I have an RCBS Uniflow powder measure as well as several Lee powder measures. For a fine powder I can switch to the RCBS one and it works great. That's the difference between equipment made of plastic and those made of metal. Higher tolerances.

For my rifle loads including those for my .223 bolt gun I weigh each load to the 10th of a grain and use the Lee dippers to transfer the powder from the egg dish to the scale.

For ball powders I've found the Hornady feeders work really well for those. I've had 0 issues with mine and get almost no deviation from what I set it to, worst I get is a +/-0.1 about once every 10 to 20 rounds but a few light taps on the hopper and all is good once more. You can get a micro adjuster for it as well that is more exact than what comes with the standard unit.

I've been happy with the Redding powder measures. They work well. They are spendy new, but I cheaped out and purchased preowned off eBay.

No doubt it will be fine. With patience, one can find Ohaus 7200 Du-O-Measure powder measures from the 70s. Large and small drums w/micrometric adjustment. Only problem was the hoppers broke at the attachment point, but replacements can be made from MEC shotshell reloader hoppers, or even from water bottles.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.25.20 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads