JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I, like probably so many others, broke the plastic reservoir to my RCBS powder measure, and I'm not having much luck finding a proper replacement. I could be blind, but I didn't see hopper replacements on the RCBS website? The best I found was some pyrex replacements of varying sizes for close to $70! I'm not opposed to rigging up some plastic bottle on my own, but thought I'd ask here for suggestions on either proper fitting replacements or your own home solution.

I have an old RCBS uniflow powder measure that someone before me replaced the reservoir with a tall section of clear plastic tubing. Works fine, and I doubt it cost anywhere near $70. That said, the few times I've needed a missing or replacement part for RCBS stuff, a phone call to them was all it took to get what I needed. They wouldn't even let me pay for the parts or shipping when I offered. I've had first rate service from them, so I'd start with a polite phone call to RCBS customer service.

Okay, I will try contacting them. I read in another forum that someone had to send their powderflow back to RCBS for them to replace the tube? Not sure if that was BS or something else was going on with their product, but I won't let that deter me and I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Twice in the last 30 years I've called RCBS because my Uniflow hopper broke. The first time was maybe 25 years ago, and the last was just a couple years ago. Same unit, I've been using it a long time. :)

Both times I fessed up that it was not defective in any way, but I had accidentally broken it (well, actually my daughter broker it the second time). I politely asked if I could purchase a replacement hopper from them. Both times they simply asked for my address and shipped one free of charge. Can't beat that for customer service!

You won't need to ship the measure to them; it's pretty easy to replace yourself. Removing the old one is as easy as breaking out the pieces. The new one will fit very tightly. Make sure it's going in straight, and gently tap it in with a rubber mallet or something.

Yesterday (09-26-2022) I contacted RCBS Customer Service (ph#1-800-533-5000) and I had to leave a "call back number". Yeah....."due to high call volume, etc..."

But anyway, the lady that called back was really nice. YEAH.....my "lost" powder hopper cover will be sent to me FREE of charge.

OMG! GO GREEN!

Aloha, Mark

Timely that this thread came up now, I broke the hopper on one of my L-N-L powder measures and called Hornady customer service this morning and in less time than it took to type this have a new hopper on the way at no charge.

If you put it in the freezer for a little while it will slide in better. It will contract when it gets cold creating a slightly smaller diameter so it will slide in a little easier. I just tap it in with a rubber mallet. Not that I have ever been clumsy and broke one (s).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top