JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You dont know that for fact it is at best a guess on your part. I bet if it was ever researched alot of illegal guns go through those buy backs. Prove me wrong
What is an " illegal gun"? And no, I'm not proving you wrong. It's simply not a significant amount of the guns that are turned in .
Did some scumbag break into a house or car or storage unit and steal a mixture of decent and crappy guns? Well then yeah, that ( being stolen property) is " illegal " , and I could see it being dumped off at a buyback. But you can't possibly believe that the Crips or MS13 is rolling through some pile of cops and selling a murder weapon for less than the price of a kids bike.

What is an " illegal gun"? And no, I'm not proving you wrong. It's simply not a significant amount of the guns that are turned in .
Did some scumbag break into a house or car or storage unit and steal a mixture of decent and crappy guns? Well then yeah, that ( being stolen property) is " illegal " , and I could see it being dumped off at a buyback. But you can't possibly believe that the Crips or MS13 is rolling through some pile of cops and selling a murder weapon for less than the price of a kids bike.
In a hypotheticaal scenraio that is exactly how I would get rid of firearm. I doubt very much unless they ran ballistics on a firearm that they would be able to tell if it had been used in a crime. The police dont have the time or the money to test the amount of firearms turned in. Thats not the purpose of the buy back, it is to get guns off the street. I would feel very safe disposing a firearm in this fashion., You cant really look at a firearm and tell if its been used in a robbery. Once the police had it I know it would be destroyed and the evidence would be gone. I know the bad guys are happy with people believing that only "legal" guns are turned in at these events.

These programs are implemented locally with the support of law enforcement and can rely on a combination of public and private funding (e.g., McGuire et al., 2011). In addition to monetary compensation (often in the form of gift cards), buybacks provide participants with assurances that they will not be asked about their identity nor how they acquired the firearm.
:s0140:

Yeah, I believe them and I'm sure there are no cameras around.

Last Edited:
So if I get drunk as hell and run a red light, T-bone a car and injure/maim/kill passengers, I was driving an "Illegal Car". I get it! If your kid robs a grocery store, that makes you an illegal parent. Dirt bag bludgeons an old lady and steals her purse it's an illegal base ball bat. A hijacker takes your car from you and runs into a crowd at a gathering, another illegal car.

Jesus. Some people. And I'm the one that barely graduated high school.
:(

So if I get drunk as hell and run a red light, T-bone a car and injure/maim/kill passengers, I was driving an "Illegal Car". I get it! If your kid robs a grocery store, that makes you an illegal parent. Dirt bag bludgeons an old lady and steals her purse it's an illegal base ball bat. A hijacker takes your car from you and runs into a crowd at a gathering, another illegal car.

Jesus. Some people. And I'm the one that barely graduated high school.
:(
For the purpose of the discussion lets call guns used during criminal activity - crime guns.

Nope, not true. As a 01 FFL, I can buy a gun anywhere. The transaction doesn't have to be done at my place of business. If I sell or transfer a gun to someone, it HAS to be done at my place of business or sanctioned gun show.
A followup:
Mostly what I have heard suggested was from non-FFLs, haunting the buybacks to lure drop-off people to an FFL instead of the LE site.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top