JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NBC is focusing on the dead - especially the dead relatives of athletes.

"A Salt Lake Tribune reporter began a formal tally of NBC segments focusing on dead relatives and found the network was averaging three a day." emphasis added.
examples:
[host] Vieira discussed a miscarriage with Pikus-Pace
reporter Lewis Johnson probed Pikus-Pace's teammate Katie Uhlaender about her dead father.
correspondent Christin Cooper [got] Bode Miller crying after being prodded about his dead brother

Olympics 2014's Buzz Problem: Pinkeye and Awkward Interviews Outshine Athletes

I liked the Olympics MUCH better when ABC covered them. We saw all the events in real time, not just the ones the US was doing well in. Plus, ABC just knows how to provide great sports coverage, or at least did. CBS and NBC seem amateurish by comparison. Currently Fox does the best job - at least to me.

A disappointing, half assed coverage and interviews designed to further burden our athletes and divert their attention away from a focus on competition. Though Miller says that Christin Cooper is a sweetheart, I still feel the producer was prodding her to ask about his brother through the ear bud! This feeble effort by NBC to create more drama surrounding the Olympics and the Athletes is disgusting and unprofessional!

I have been watching the Olympics on NBC, but I found a button on my remote that improves the broadcast by about 100%. It says "mute" on that particular button. Now, if we could just do away with ice dancing.
putinandobama.jpg

putinandobama.jpg

Impossible to watch these last few days.....Get to that damned competition already! I do not want to see baby pics and hear the life stories of the athletes.
I've been trying to catch that little 15 YO Russian cutie that spins so fast it looks like she changes direction, for a second time, and can't sit/stay awake through the commercials and other blather.

Mike

I have been watching the Olympics on NBC, but I found a button on my remote that improves the broadcast by about 100%. It says "mute" on that particular button. Now, if we could just do away with ice dancing.

If it weren't for the DVR there is no way on God's green earth I could sit through this. Like you, I'm lovin' that mute button, but hands down using the warp drive feature on the DVR through the commercials is the best.

I think it comes from the current culture of all of these reality and talk shows, and has spilled over into entertainment journalism. Everyone in the beginning has to have some overly dramatized reason to lose 150lbs or win a singing contest or bake a cake or build a motorcycle or ski down a hill or whatever.

Network television and most media sources, are rife with soulless prostitutes, who are inventing new lows at the feet of the ratings gods. It's all very contrived, disingenuous and overdone.

The biggest casualty in journalism, Science, Education, Politics and The American justice system has is the truth. I guess it is not without consequence that we as a society would rather be entertained than enlightened.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top