Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NBC Olympics of the Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RicInOR, Feb 20, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

NBC is focusing on the dead - especially the dead relatives of athletes.

"A Salt Lake Tribune reporter began a formal tally of NBC segments focusing on dead relatives and found the network was averaging three a day." emphasis added.
    examples:
    [host] Vieira discussed a miscarriage with Pikus-Pace
    reporter Lewis Johnson probed Pikus-Pace's teammate Katie Uhlaender about her dead father.
    correspondent Christin Cooper [got] Bode Miller crying after being prodded about his dead brother

Olympics 2014's Buzz Problem: Pinkeye and Awkward Interviews Outshine Athletes

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

I liked the Olympics MUCH better when ABC covered them. We saw all the events in real time, not just the ones the US was doing well in. Plus, ABC just knows how to provide great sports coverage, or at least did. CBS and NBC seem amateurish by comparison. Currently Fox does the best job - at least to me.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

A disappointing, half assed coverage and interviews designed to further burden our athletes and divert their attention away from a focus on competition. Though Miller says that Christin Cooper is a sweetheart, I still feel the producer was prodding her to ask about his brother through the ear bud! This feeble effort by NBC to create more drama surrounding the Olympics and the Athletes is disgusting and unprofessional!

Mikej and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Focusing on the dead . . . What do you expect from a DYING network??

Sheldon

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  5. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have been watching the Olympics on NBC, but I found a button on my remote that improves the broadcast by about 100%. It says "mute" on that particular button. Now, if we could just do away with ice dancing.
    putinandobama.jpg

putinandobama.jpg

6. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Ice skating is gay. But watching the girls skate isn't to bad. But damn that female that commentates on it is a nut job.

7. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Impossible to watch these last few days.....Get to that damned competition already! I do not want to see baby pics and hear the life stories of the athletes.
    I've been trying to catch that little 15 YO Russian cutie that spins so fast it looks like she changes direction, for a second time, and can't sit/stay awake through the commercials and other blather.

Mike

8. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

And yeah, that CRAP with Bode Miller.....Good job creep, you got the man to cry. Must make you proud?

9. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

If it weren't for the DVR there is no way on God's green earth I could sit through this. Like you, I'm lovin' that mute button, but hands down using the warp drive feature on the DVR through the commercials is the best.

10. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Saw this on another social network site - Any competition which features a judge, is not a sport.

11. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

I think it comes from the current culture of all of these reality and talk shows, and has spilled over into entertainment journalism. Everyone in the beginning has to have some overly dramatized reason to lose 150lbs or win a singing contest or bake a cake or build a motorcycle or ski down a hill or whatever.

Network television and most media sources, are rife with soulless prostitutes, who are inventing new lows at the feet of the ratings gods. It's all very contrived, disingenuous and overdone.

The biggest casualty in journalism, Science, Education, Politics and The American justice system has is the truth. I guess it is not without consequence that we as a society would rather be entertained than enlightened.

12. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Bob Costas. Enough said.

13. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

When will they make Women's Beach Volleyball a summer AND winter sport?

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  14. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

I would call Costas a moron, but that really isn't fair to morons.

erudne and (deleted member) like this.