JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...-fde182507eac_story.html?tid=trending_strip_3

Before you start thinking Yea - reciprocity - this trial balloon is to require a licence to purchase.

"U.S. Rep. Chris Van Hollen and Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh on Wednesday called for other states to join Maryland in requiring licenses to purchase handguns, saying the rule works best to stem gun violence when it applies across jurisdictions."

Your representatives want to hear from you.

I don't know why it is so hard for these people to understand that criminals do and will continue to get any firearm they want however they choose to.

Yep. Requiring licenses, background checks, waiting periods, magazine restrictions - NONE of that will ever stop a bad guy from either getting guns or doing bad things with them. Every shooting proves that to be true.

We really need to start fighting back much harder to protect our rights. They're walking all over us and pissing on our heads along the way.

NO LEAVE THE FEDS OUT OF THIS
You put them in the middle and everything will change for the worse. The only way it would go ahead would be with either CA or NY gun laws.
It would be a mess just like everything else they touch.It would lead to easier confiscation also.
IT IS NOTHING LIKE A DRIVER'S LICENSE being accepted in every state. Most states' traffic laws are fairly close. And driving equals commerce.You carrying a gun does not.
LEAVE THE FEDS OUT OF THIS

Anyone that clamors for any kind of "gun" license is insane or on the left.
The 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about "licenses" on anything.

I want the same rights afforded to violent criminals:
Free food, free housing, free sex changes, free education and access to firearms at below market prices

I want the same rights afforded to violent criminals:
Free food, free housing, free sex changes, free education and access to firearms at below market prices

You can do what you like as far as the sex change goes, But i would be OK with the rest of it.

I always thought the Feds should stay out of this as I feared they would ultimately further restrict the current rights we enjoy in Oregon. However, with the way the controlling party in Oregon is headed, we just might end up like CA and need the rest of the country to rescue us.

While this sounds really good and, in addition to being consistent with 2AR's, which are not a state level decision... me thinks it's a
9808trojanhorseoriginalscan_med_hr.jpg
... thanks all the same, but I'll pass.

Then I want to see a national law that requires a valid driver's license in order to purchase a car.

Far more people are killed with cars than with guns, and there is no constitutional right to drive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top