JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's not a fiber optic sight, but a thick drop of nail polish in florescent green works amazingly well.

image.jpeg

Last Edited:
They are hard to change on a Beretta FS92. In this case I first put a base layer with a white Uline all weather marker, and only then the drop of nail polish. It may reflect more light with a white base.

Looks like a CZ.

Gulliver
"It'll never work......we're all gonna die"

I tried the aforementioned. Don't be cheap. Buy the appropriate sight
20160408_120244.jpg

Last Edited:
Back in '87 there weren't many (read "any") sight options (that I knew of) for my (Italian made) 92F, so I painted the front sight blade flat white and the "dot" (more like a shallow hole in the front sight blade) and rear "half-moon" sight day-glow orange which made it exceptionally better than stock in hi/low lighting.

[QUOTE="2A2Dend, post: 1508339, member:

I tried the aforementioned. Don't be cheap. Buy the appropriate sight
View attachment 310773[/QUOTE]

Not about cheap for me. fluorescent nail polish and fluorescent shirt writing goo have been on some of my sights for years with an occasional refresh. I'm not about to replace old, perfectly good functional original iron sights on older rifles and pistols which I can no longer see well, shoot little, with fiber, especially when they work very well and with no effort it can be removed without detracting or marring the originals in any way. And I don't have to "sight them In" or bang them up adjusting them either.
Boogerhooks suggestion is a good one for a lot of folk.

While not intending to knock what works, the CZ and the Beretta are among the same lines, design wise. It's whatever works for you. In the case of myself, I tried the nail polish, after honing out the chalk substance. Most sights are striving, or not. Supply and demand, need of the elitist mires what we have available.

@Stomper, back in 87?

I've done the nail polish trick on several guns. It's a nice, inexpensive way to improve the visibility. If they are dot sights, I simply dip the end of a toothpick in the polish and just drop a bit into the dot - it works well. When it needs to be refreshed, I do it again. I prefer white for some guns, fluorescent green or orange for others.

I have been doing the glow in the dark fishing lure paint for years! back before night sights were even available! Like posted above, I can touch it up when ever I need, and I can scrape it off really easy with out damaging the original sight!

White out. You know, for correcting ink lettering on paper. Works pretty well. No substitute for "real" fiberoptic or Trijicon sights, but not bad.
Cheap, too.

While not intending to knock what works, the CZ and the Beretta are among the same lines, design wise. It's whatever works for you. In the case of myself, I tried the nail polish, after honing out the chalk substance. Most sights are striving, or not. Supply and demand, need of the elitist mires what we have available.

@Stomper, back in 87?
I replaced the sights on my CZ75P07. There is little to it. 2 set screws and a soft mallet to get things moving. Also replaced the front sights on a 1911, a Ruger SR22, and a Ruger SP101 (trijicon). Each done with no gunsmithing skills. It is quite different when you have to file off sights that are part of the same steel as the barrel (several SW revolvers) or when you have to drill new holes into the slide for roll pins (which would be necessary for the FS92).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top