JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was sitting at my table at the gunshow yesterday, and things were pretty dead.
So I was watching my good buddy across from me make a sale, and feeling pretty jealous.
His table was about 10' right, and 10' across the isle from me, "kitty corner" I guess...
Anyway I had a great view of his "costumers" left hand... which was holding a large silver folding knife...
as my buddy was helping said man with a purchase, the guy had slyly picked up a ~$300 ZT folding knife from the table, and I watched as he replaced it on its box with a similar color/size item with skillful slight of hand, all while talking to my buddy and making a purchase at the same time.
He had the knife palmed in his left hand and he held it at his side for a minute then slipped into his left coat pocket.
I was a little confused at first.. not sure of what I was seeing. Maybe he was buying the knife? He did just hand over some cash... So as he was walking away I called my buddy over and asked if he bought that knife...
Then the fun started.
He hadn't got far, but when confronted he denied everything... Security came over and started questioning. He acted very offended, and asked who claimed they saw him take it, and about 6 fingers pointed at me from across the room...
Dude marches over to me and asked what I think I saw... I said "I saw you put a silver knife in your pocket"... I even gave him an out and said "maybe you picked it up and mistakingly put it in your pocket out of habit.. I used to do it with lighters back when.."
"Nope" he said, and started walking away..
My buddy had sold him $150 worth of stuff, and the people he was with spent 10x that at the table next to him, so he started to question me...am I sure I saw what I saw?
So now I'm looking like a bad guy, but know what I saw.
The guy had walked off and was all the way to the far corner of the building(a security guard following closely behind just in case)when Puallup PD came over...
I told the officer what I saw, and he went down and made the guy empty his pockets... only knife in his pocket was a black auto...which is illegal in WA.
But... security found the knife on the corner table in a bargain bin that the guy just happened to be looking through a minute earlier.
To make a long story a little shorter...
He went to jail, and come to find out he was scamming his "friends"(turns out his boss) out of money too. He had talked them into letting him build a high end AR10 and had taken thousands from him and had nothing to show for it.
So a stupid decision to steal a knife likely just cost him his gun rights, his job, and his freedom.
Not only did he steal, he was carrying an illegal knife. It's stupid and I don't like WA knife laws, but I follow them anyway.. but in my book there is no lower deed than stealing.

Mygrainman to the rescue!
:s0094:

It's really hard to catch someone shoplifting .
You pretty much have to let them leave the store.
But I guess at a gun show it would be as soon as they walked away from the table.
I saw the guys at a Safeway waiting outside watching a guy .and when he walked out the fight was on .if you confront them in the store they can always say I was going to pay for it

Wow thanks for attaboys y'all... I'm feeling real good about myself now... paid my rent...
Atta boy Mygrainman...
...caught a thief...
Attaboy Mygrainman...
Put the seat down all the time too.... can I get another:p

Seriously, I would not been able to live with not having said something. The "Victim" was a good friend of mine, and had his daughter with him helping him with sales, so the thief knew he was a good family man trying to make money to Make ends meet...and the fact that when given an out the thief still insisted carrying it out and tried to make me look like a chump... called me a liar!,! I literally had to take a "chill pill". Obsessivly stealing is a legit disease, and I get that(kinda) but that goes beyond kleptomania and straight into azzholery.
He could have put his hand in his pocket and said "wow force of habit, my bad...". Like many of us have done with Pens and lighters.
.(tangent... just realized that both common accidently stolen objects are made by Bic...)
He coulda just claimed he Bicced it, but he didn't...so Eff him!
Hope they prosecute to the full extent.

Sooo what you're saying is you once again lived up to your name and gave the guy a righteously deserved migraine, man. (we need a sixties emoji)

That right there is an excellent example of doing what's right and not backing down just because the other party lies about it in an aggressive manner.

Hopefully the azzhat is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Good for you!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR