JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend just got back from ID with a Sit-Rep:
Folks there are pleasant, courteous, happy to offer help to strangers (a smile on your mug and a kind word, is better than a passport pic).
Blue collar resturants are well staffed, clean, happy places with good food at reasonable prices, think of life in the 1960's.

My friend stayed at a motel that catered to Steelheaders along the Clearwater River about 6 miles from the river outside Orofino; $54 a night (single) Hospital clean room with brand new top quality bed, internet and cable, several other ammenities.
The place was spotlessly clean; $54 (early season)
I'm likeing that ID country!
PS
Desiel was $4.05

I grew up in Bonners Ferry Id. It's a bit north of Orofino, but yeah it's really nice and much a slower life style. I'm sure I will move back over there at some point.

Keep in touch boys, my friend is scouting propertys and has found several potential small acre homes under $250K in his travels, he aint no real-estate agent

I've lived in Idaho Falls and Boise. It really is a different environment there. For example, one day I had gone exploring and was just on the outskirts of Idaho Falls when my car stopped working. If it had happened here, I'd have likely gotten honked at and flipped off for disrupting traffic. Instead, not one or two, but three people got out of their cars to help me push it to the side. One of them was nice enough to give me a ride.

I've lived in Idaho Falls and Boise. It really is a different environment there. For example, one day I had gone exploring and was just on the outskirts of Idaho Falls when my car stopped working. If it had happened here, I'd have likely gotten honked at and flipped off for disrupting traffic. Instead, not one or two, but three people got out of their cars to help me push it to the side. One of them was nice enough to give me a ride.

Yeah I lived in rural area's (country and mountain area's) people are more helpful but you know with all of th crime around cities, it is hard to be upset at people for not stopping.

I have stopped and helped a few people and then in turn someone has stopped and helped me in rural area's,

Two years a, two LEO's had stopped their cars here and were trying to push a driver back on the road on a deep snow, I stopped in front of one of their police cars and said hey guys, is there I place to hook onto the back the of that car, they said yeah, I said ok if you will back up this police car behind me and gie me a minute I will take of it and save you from hurting backs. they said uhhhhhhh ok, I put the truck in 4 low, pulled out a tow strap, I pulled out the car and put every thing away by the time the LEO's knew what happened.

One LEO said to me, you know not many people would do that around here, I said well I figured with you two guys (two LEO's) here you had my back covered while I was working and you never know by me saving your back from getting hurt you may save mine one day. They both smiled shook my hand and we all went about our business.

Thats the difference between a larger city and a rural area, in a rural area generally it is someone you know youare stopping to help or people who know that stopping to help you help someone else. I would be willing to be in your case those three people know each other or had seen one another around a few times before.

I live in Idaho. Absolutely horrible here! A hundred degrees below zero in the winter and Hundred and forty in the summer! No place to fish or hunt. All the roads are straight which means motorcycle riding is no fun. Mean people everywhere! If I were going to move somewhere it would not be here! (sarcasm off)

I saw road rage in Northern Idaho. Perhaps N. Idaho is in too close of proximity to Spokane, WA.

Most of the restaurants in Idaho that I've been too are quite nice. The staff are not disgruntled and you can actually understand them. You also don't have to worry about getting the swine flu or avian flu. :s0112:

...Blue collar resturants are well staffed, clean, happy places with good food at reasonable prices, think of life in the 1960's...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top