JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DeadEye, I have been buying a box of everlution every payday since I was at your place but I am not sure how long those rounds are goign to last me once I can get it out for a test drive

Best I can tell OFADAN it is a rifle some guy bought and may not have even shoot before his wife made him sell it (aka screaming deal for me) I don't think anyone has worked it over, or even shot it.

Gotcha...it is a beaut from what I can see. Definately envious! The lever looks like one of Jim West's and the way the rifle is configured and looks I just surmised it was worked on by him.

Nice score!

You don't happen to look like Steve McQueen do ya:D Gun looks just like the one he had in the old western series Wanted Dead or Alive. How cool (old folkes recognition talk)

First gun I have seen that looks cool in a long time.

jj

My Dad used to hunt with a 45-70. His friends told me Dad would shoot then sit and smoke a cigerette while waiting for the bullet to hit.

jj

DeadEye, I have been buying a box of everlution every payday since I was at your place but I am not sure how long those rounds are goign to last me once I can get it out for a test drive

Best I can tell OFADAN it is a rifle some guy bought and may not have even shoot before his wife made him sell it (aka screaming deal for me) I don't think anyone has worked it over, or even shot it.

You had better get those dies I gave you to work.

Hardcast works great in 45.70.......they do not come apart and the elk don't know the difference........Load them for about 1/3rd cost of factory and MUCH higher velocities. Factory loads still are mild because of all the older trapdoor etc guns out there and liability issues. Another good reason to load your own......

My best load is 405gr Rem jacketed RP case,53gr IMR 4895,Win non mag primer, 2.545 OAL. This gives me 1822fps on the chrony and an unbelievable 1/2-3/4" group that is of course unnecessary in the Marlin lever.....but I'll take it. Great place for hardcast is Bulletsdirect in Kansas. Great prices and free shipping. They carry 405gr hardcast so I have lots of these to work up to the Jacketed Remington load above. Follow the loading data and compare at least two different sources for the same load and work up the loads slowly and all will be well......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top