JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK so I'm loading up 500 rds of .45ACP to take to my son when we visit him next month (He's a PO2 Electronics tech in the US NAVY)

And the grand daughters (my daughters girls) are over for a sleep over with grandma and grandpa. So I figured I would put them to work.

they are going to be 3 and 4 at the end of the month (363 days apart) and look almost like twins.

So here is Rowynn sizing the brass:

And here is Rylee belling the cases:

I figure we have them around the edge of firearms for a couple years

then at age 5-6 I have them starting to shoot the Red Ryder BB gun their Uncle learned to shoot with (I have a special short stock made for it)

Then about age 7-8 I get them involved with shooting air rifles and .22LR indoor.

And if they are interested at age 10-11 I get them into the Clubs Junior Rifle program and see how they like competing. I'll also finalize the reloading training at about this age it's when I started with Dad and girls are much more focused then boys.

If they decide they don't want to compete then they will have had some excellent basic training and can decide for themselves how much they want to be involved with shooting sports. But since Mom Dad and grandpa and grandma all like to go shooting and hunting I see these young ladies as our next generation of shooters.

Mark, That was Grrreat!!! I was getting a little choked up watching them helping you. They were trying so hard to do a good job. Then you grunting for them when they were pulling down on the lever.That was funny in a very nice way. Hopefully you'll be able to post more videos of them as they progress under your tutelage. Wonderful post. :s0155:

Yea I'll keep them away from the primers and powder until they are older but I am thinking case prep is perfect for them with their little fingers (compared to grandpas that are getting older every day) They are quite amazing at filling loading blocks and they both seam to enjoy pulling the handle!

EXCELLENT .

Put a smidge of lube on every 10th case and they wont have to work so hard,I just put a little around the top of the case,not even enough to worry about wirping it off.works great.

EXCELLENT .

Put a smidge of lube on every 10th case and they wont have to work so hard,I just put a little around the top of the case,not even enough to worry about wirping it off.works great.

I lube every case with RCBS lube and a pad. And I use a Q tip to put a tiny amount of lube around the inside of the lip for the belling operation. They are then washed in very hot water and a little dish soap and rinsed then set up on an aluminum sheet to dry while sitting over the vent on the pellet stove (about 140-150 degrees) for a couple hours. The after they cool I prime them.

You have to remember the girls only weigh about the same as my left arm LOL And in this batch of cases were a lot of range pickups so all kinds of chambers to re size. About 1/4 of them were real easy (tight chamber gun) and about 1/4 were hard to pull (old loose chamber) now that these have been sized and properly prepped for my Sons Stoeger Cougar 8045F as long as he picks up his brass they should all re size about the same. his nieces will reap the benefit LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top