JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to find a carry gun that I really like.I decided I was going to do what I had to do and get a Glock 19. So I sold my Beretta M9, which I hated to do, and headed to Wholesale Sports to check out 19s. Turns out they didn't have any, but the had a whole S-Load of 23s. I wasn't going to settle, but the guy gave me a deal I couldn't turn down. He gave me a G23 w/factory Night Sights, and 3 mags for 500 out the door! They wanted 499 for one eith regular sights and 569 for this one. I didn't even have to pay for a BG check. Then I got two boxes of Buffalo Bore ammo, that stuff is amazing, 180gr bullets at 1300fps and 569 ft/lbs of power, from a 40. And I got a really nice blackhawk leather holster I've wanted to try out for a long time. I love the package! I can carry the gun full loaded, 13+1, and 2 spare mags very easily, 40rds total! I shot 200rds through it between today and yesterday, and like every Glock, its great. Its no target gun but I can shoot a nice 5", 13 shot group with it at 25 feet or so. I plan on having the grip stippled and maybe adding a Lasermax guide rod laser. Then shooting the **** out of it! Man I love Glocks!

Hey if you really wanted the G19 so you could shoot 9mm, get one of the Lone Wolf conversion barrels for your G23. Drops right in, and all you need are some 9mm mags and you're ready to go.

A G23 is a compact,G27 subcompact. A G21 or G21sf is standard full size. The SF grip is slightly less in diameter. I have both 21s & I have trouble feeling the difference in the grip.

Well actually the G22 is the "full size" .40, the 21/20 frame is larger. Also most the difference found in the SF is in the backstrap, just put them side by side and look at the hole behind the mag well.

Well actually the G22 is the "full size" .40, the 21/20 frame is larger. Also most the difference found in the SF is in the backstrap, just put them side by side and look at the hole behind the mag well.

I was speaking of the G23 not the G22 if you read my post. On the 45 I know there is a dimentional diff in grip size per my previous post. As I said my hand does not feel the diff. I own every model of Glock except the 45gap series so I know what competition, standard, compact & subcompact models are. Also I had a little experience with weapons in my MOS 18b in the ARMY.

You guys were right about the ammo, I got mixed up with the 155. The lone wolf barrle thing is one more reason I got sold on a 23. Afterall, 13 or 14rds of good 40 should stop a threat!

M.Link,
You'll love the G23. I had one years ago and still kick myself for selling it. Now, I have a G19 with CT Laser Grips, Trijicon Night Sights, Gentry Over Travel Stop, Aerotek Tactical Trigger kit, blah, blah, blah and LOVE IT!

In my .45 I run Buffalo Bore and have been very happy with it. Great expansion and it's still pretty comfortable to shoot, even for ammo that is hauling tail.

Now, let's get that grip stippled and head out to the range! :gun09:

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews