JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm spoiled by 1911 SA triggers with a crisp break. Not going to get that out of a striker fired pistol. As far as MUSHY goes, I watched a certain # of vids from a fellow whose last name ends in Glocks, and he has said that many competition pistol shooters prefer a "rolling" break vs a "glass-rod" break. The thinking is that it doesn't pull them off target during the follow-thru.

Me too big time. I now have many pistols that have some other kind of trigger. I can shoot them all but, it takes some time to get accurate enough for me to live with. None of them really seem (to me) to work any better. My old Ruger P-89 has that (P series trigger) that is in a world of it's own, my Kel-Tecs have that LONNNNGGG pull, my Ruger American has a (Glcok like) trigger. I can hit with them all but of course none work for me as well or as easy as my 1911's do. I do for some reason seem to be able to fairly well use any of them even when I have not used them in a long time. My P89 sits in the safe for sometimes a year but when I take it out I seem to stay on paper just as with any of the others. Not nearly as well but can do "minute of bad guy" so I live with it :cool:

I must admit that shooting there this last time was educational. I found that slowly pulling the trigger improved the target strike, something I learned on here. I'm thinking that a lighter trigger pull is a good thing. Am I right about that?
Shoot a few hundred thousand double action through a DA revolver and all triggers are cake.
So no.

I am done with the local ranges. I don't mind paying $25-30 for the range fee.

But, I will not be required to buy their reloaded range ammo, when they claim it is competitively priced, yet it is almost double the cost of what you can get at the local gun store. Even worse it is their own re-manufactured stuff, and I don't shoot reloads unless they are my own. Heck, I don't mind pay a $5-10 inspection fee, just not for every single box. I know they have to pay the bills, keep the lights on, but when you start nickle and diming, there are better options.

Last Edited:
I have no use for indoor ranges. That's what forest service or BLM land is for. :)
I tend to agree as I don't like dealing with the constraints and personalities found at many indoor ranges. They own the ranges, so that's fine, their rules. However, I do belong to Johnson Creek Gun Club. It's small but you get your own pass key to get in. It's not staffed and you bring your own ammo. Nice little get away when the weather is cr@ppy and I don't feel like schlepping 40 minutes down 26 to the quarry.

Hit the indoor range today over lunch. No one was there but me. I'm starting to get used to the feel of the different guns and their triggers. Also starting to get the sights figured out. The Taurus had no issues today so maybe it's finally breaking in after a few hundred rounds through it. My new M & P Shield is fun to shoot even though the grip is slimmer than my bigger hands like. I have a Hogue grip coming that will hopefully make it a better fit. It's nice after I'm all done shooting to only pay $13 after my veteran's discount......

There are two large indoor ranges in boise and the best one is a great place to practice bullseye (nra precision pistol) shooting. We have winter leagues and the matches are always indoors. Anything under 50 cal bmg is ok to shoot there. That being said, no idea why someone would bring a 308 with muzzle break to a 25 yrd indoor range, but it happens. I have also noticed that hardly anyone collects their brass anymore.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top