JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For my birthday/Christmas this year, my dad gifted me one of his well-used shotguns since he is no longer able to bird hunt due to age.

It's a Ruger Red Label 12ga O/U that he had customized with a straight comb stock, additional engraving, and had the stainless receiver blackened. It's not perfect and shows some field use, but it is beautiful in my eyes. Fit's me very well and points extremely good.

IMG_20201214_201042652.jpg

IMG_20201214_201111548.jpg

IMG_20201214_201245663.jpg

IMG_20201214_201155972.jpg

IMG_20201214_201304315.jpg

Yes, I've always considered an over/under a gentleman's gun. Maybe that's why I've never owned one. Maybe the correct term for such by gentlemen is superposed. But I've wanted one since before I knew there were distinctions between gentlemen and proletarians. When I was about 8 years old, I made a toy out of old roller shades and a flat, pine 1 x 4 board. Since then, I've acquired other shotguns so I guess I will just let the idea of an o/u go. As I will also have to abandon the idea of a Rolls Royce shooting brake.

The straight butt stock on that Ruger is very traditional. Beautiful wood.

A gun he loved to his son he loved.

Over-unders need not be "hoidy toidy". I too longed for the day when I might afford one, believing beyond reach probably forever.

Then I found a Marlin Model 90: The only over-under made in America in the '50's. Made for the workin' man. A very fine gun, and since the shop owner did not know much about them, I got it for a song.

Later, I discovered the Stevens 555. Yeah, made in Turkey, but it points like a Beretta and wood to die for. Again: in the workin' man's price range. It turned heads of Merkel and Browning owners last time in the field.

You got a gem there...personalized.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR