JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Game mammals may only be hunted from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset."

That 1/2 hour after sunset is the best time...and it will be dark within a few minutes of that.

If you take a pic within that 30 minute "legal to hunt" window and you aren't using a very good camera, the pic will make it look darker that it really is. The only reason I asked directly about it was the fact that all other questions had been answered. I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm just seriously jealous of your buck!

So the 1/2 hour before and after sun up/down is determined by whom? Are you supposed to read the paper and see what time it says in the forecast? Is that time for the Willamette Valley? Because technically it could be a minute or two later out here on the coast. Just sayin.....

So the 1/2 hour before and after sun up/down is determined by whom? Are you supposed to read the paper and see what time it says in the forecast? Is that time for the Willamette Valley? Because technically it could be a minute or two later out here on the coast. Just sayin.....

That's exactly what you are supposed to do. I use sunup and sundown times for the nearest town (Maupin mostly).

I use a GPS that gives me sunrise and sunset times for my location.

Or you could just go to Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day which will give you both the begining and end of civil twilight which is 1/2 hour before and after sun rise and set.

And yes as a Hunter in the State of Oregon it is YOUR responsability to know these times.

Now that said if your on a West facing grass field on a clear day 1/2 hour after sunset can be pretty light out. If you hunting in trees or on a East facing slope in a canyon good luck counting points.

The point is after the time for legal hunting You best not be pulling the trigger. Whether there is enough light to safely shoot and to make sure if your target was legal is up to the hunter.

Yea it is a standard Noveske N4 lower. The fun part is the upper, LAR ops-4 side charger 9" 1:8 twist Delta Company Arms barrel chambered in 300 AAC Blackout with an AAC Cyclone on the end of it. I went with that caliber for a couple reasons, it hits with more power than a .223 cycles subsonic 250gr projectiles out of standard magazines. As well as way more bullet options ranging from 110gr v-max to 247 cast boolits. I have an Aimpoint M4s on mine but my brother has a Vortex Viper 1-4 or something like that. With this round something with hash marks for subsonic drop and super sonic drops is the way to go. If your curious about the round go to 300blktalk.com there are some great guys and a bunch of good info. When shooting subsonic suppressed the impact of the projectile on the target seems like its louder than the sound out of the rifle. Its awesome for the the farmers that want me to reduce the coyotes on their property without a bunch of noise. Most of them they cant tell if I shot and one place I go I hunt about 75 yds away from the farmers house close to his wet trash pile.

Hey onajoyride. I just got my first blacktail this morning. He came running out of the trees about 930 chasing a couple of does. Nice heart and lung shot from about 275 yards. I'm totally stoked....and exhausted. That's a lot of hard work packing one of those things out in this coastal terrain.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top