JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is clear to me is that George Thomas is a bully. He brags that he and his like-minded voters will take our 2nd Amendment rights away from us: "I want you disarmed and I vote for people who will help me disarm you." This is a statement of pride and also of power. He is bragging that his power (via voting) is greater than your constitutional rights.

Mr. Thomas has nothing to fear from law-abiding gun owners. His fear is from criminals and the mentally ill, but self-serving politicians have channeled that fear into a feeling of power that he can take your power (gun ownership) away. This does nothing to protect him from gun violence, but he neither realizes nor cares about that. He is only concerned with exerting his power to hurt you, like any other bully.

I had a conversation with one guy who went something like this

Him: Chill out, nobody is coming to take your guns. I just don't want you to have dangerous semi-auto rifles and assault guns. Maybe a revolver and a shotgun.
Me: That's funny. That's exactly what everyone is talking about right now, including you.
Him: What do you think you're going to use your military rifle for? Fighting off the government? They have planes and tanks.
Me: That has worked really well in Iraq and Afghanistan, and most recently north Africa, where people have pretty much held off entire modern militaries using only small arms and improvised devices.
Him: Okay this is getting really scary. Now you're talking about fighting the government? I want you disarmed. If you try to attack our president, he will arm us and we will make sure that you and your terrorist friends are disarmed.

I'd past the entire conversation but it would be upwards of several pages. The guy basically devolved from trying to reassure me that the government was not planning gun confiscation, to threatening to kill me using government-supplied equipment (since he doesn't own guns, but thinks the gov will give them to him in the event of civil unrest) if I didn't relinquish my firearms, all in a day's worth of message exchanges.

Also I've noticed a lot of people throwing around the term "our president" in a very cherished context. That is creepy to me, not sure why. It smacks of elevating Obama to a parental-like, folk-hero position. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but probably not. Just browse around places like Huffpo and Democratic Underground - the wording is all over the place.

So true! Education without some common sense and real world experience can be a scary thing.

Some of the most looney people I've ever met have also been the most intelligent and highly educated. They start thinking of themselves as superior, enlightened, and intellectually elite. I'm all for a little enlightenment and intellectualism, but dadgummit that doesn't make you superior, and it doesn't mean all your ideas are good ones! :)

I am superior due to my O- blood and being part of the reptile human hybrid conspirancy for world domination.

So if I understand him correctly, he and a bunch of others with ZERO fireams experience expect to be armed by "their President" and be effective at disarming over a million gun owners???

:s0114::s0112::s0114:

Thank you for that, I needed a good laugh this morning!

I had a conversation with one guy who went something like this

Him: Chill out, nobody is coming to take your guns. I just don't want you to have dangerous semi-auto rifles and assault guns. Maybe a revolver and a shotgun.
Me: That's funny. That's exactly what everyone is talking about right now, including you.
Him: What do you think you're going to use your military rifle for? Fighting off the government? They have planes and tanks.
Me: That has worked really well in Iraq and Afghanistan, and most recently north Africa, where people have pretty much held off entire modern militaries using only small arms and improvised devices.
Him: Okay this is getting really scary. Now you're talking about fighting the government? I want you disarmed. If you try to attack our president, he will arm us and we will make sure that you and your terrorist friends are disarmed.

I'd past the entire conversation but it would be upwards of several pages. The guy basically devolved from trying to reassure me that the government was not planning gun confiscation, to threatening to kill me using government-supplied equipment (since he doesn't own guns, but thinks the gov will give them to him in the event of civil unrest) if I didn't relinquish my firearms, all in a day's worth of message exchanges.

Also I've noticed a lot of people throwing around the term "our president" in a very cherished context. That is creepy to me, not sure why. It smacks of elevating Obama to a parental-like, folk-hero position. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but probably not. Just browse around places like Huffpo and Democratic Underground - the wording is all over the place.

I have seen a huge difference between self-described "intellectuals" and truly brilliant people. I know a guy who works for JPL, holds 2 PHD's and has been struck by cars 3 times because he was so deep in thought he stepped off the curb into traffic without looking. He's also the first to admit he "knows nothing" (his words not mine). This is a guy who truly is a rocket scientist.

Self-described intellectuals, on the other hand, are keen to tell you how smart they are, how well informed their opinions are and how they KNOW what's best for everyone else (it's fact to them not opinion). After all, they have educated themselves with all the available knowledge that supports their opinion (and nothing to the contrary).

Some act like they are the community parent, others act like the well-intentioned relative or neighbor and still others are just plain rude, condescending and dismissive when faced with opposing views. The one thing they seem to all have in common; anyone who does not think the way they do has some kind of evil intent, mental deficiency or is an ignorant slob.

Knowledge and wisdom are two ENTIRELY different things, my friend. A monkey (conceited or not) with an education will STILL play with his poop, scratch his arse and smell his fingers.

Wisdom is an art, and the world is woefully short of artists.

Wisdom is knowing what you don't know. Good luck telling that to the masters of the universe.

So if I understand him correctly, he and a bunch of others with ZERO fireams experience expect to be armed by "their President" and be effective at disarming over a million gun owners???

:s0114::s0112::s0114:

Thank you for that, I needed a good laugh this morning!
"over a million gun owners?

How about "over 80 million gun owners"?

Start looking and you'll see this meme that we are programmed, programmable and utterly defined by genes everywhere you look. It's a sort of quasi-scientific justification for all manner of fantasies of control, eugenics, etc. Of course it goes way way back as a point of leverage but of late it's pouring through every crack with little resistance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top