JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This really illustrates that anti-gun movement's view.

From a guy named George Thomas commenting on The Columbian

Because educated people keep hoping that paranoia can be eliminated with enough education, but they do not take into account that genes and nurture creates the robot human animal to be the robot that it is and enough fear and paranoia always remains in some people that they see enemies everywhere and just aren't able to feel safe unless a gun is nearby. I agree that no manner of education will take the basic fear out of people who must arm themselves.

That's why Hitlers and Stalin and Maos come to power. They stir the fears of a small minority and through fear and intimidation those minorities seek and get power. Then we peaceful people wish we had armed ourselves against those who must carry weapons to feel safe. I speak this as a man who has never felt the need to arm himself.

The irony is that you, armed, are a greater danger to me, unarmed, than I am to you. I want you disarmed and I vote for people who will help me disarm you. Now what are you going to do about it? Shoot me? Get the point? Your answer to my vote is to display your weapon. Why? To create fear in me so that I won't vote as I do? Vote, man and leave your weapons out of it.

Just blatantly stated, pretty much the same way, in just about every comment I could find for the guy. The entire current anti-gun movement in that once sentence.

I want you disarmed and I vote for people who will help me disarm you.

Terrifying that he's proud to vote away an inviolate Right of his fellow citizens. I imagine his next proud vote will be to limit the speech of those that disagree with his viewpoint.

God bless him, I served to guarantee his Right to express that view and vote accordingly.

It seems he misses the point about displaying our weapons. I think it shows that you can have that many weapons in the possession of responsible law abiding people and nothing bad happens.

Interesting that he wants me disarmed but I bet he would never have the guts to try to do it himself. If he tried his prediction of me being dangerous to him would certainly come true.

WOW so this is all about fear? Funny I don't own any of my firearms out of fear. And my answer to dear George about what will I do in oppisition to his vote.

Well I guess I would vote the other way and negate his. Pretty much the way the Republic was set up.

And unless dear George is a bad guy prone to walking into homes he doesn't belong in in the the middle of the night or a car jacker or other bad dude I can't possibly think of a reason why I would waste my time pointing a gun at him. A loud voice will most likely send him to theropy.

This is a psychological defense mechanism. It's called "denial". People in his mind set want desperately to believe that the world is not a dangerous place, and that nothing bad will ever happen to them. Your denial of their "denial" is an attack on their version of reality. Therefore, they need to eliminate you in order to preserve their distorted view of the world.

They also believe you will be unable to control your emotions and actions, and if you are armed you just might "go off" and kill them or someone else. This is another defense mechanism called "projection". They have trouble controlling their own violent emotions and impulses, and they believe that if they were armed they might do people harm. Therefore, if you are armed you might do the same. They "project" their fears of what they might do onto others and therefore they believe those others should be disarmed.

These kinds of defense mechanisms are something we all use from time to time, but when it starts to interfere with your life then it is a sickness. These people are sick.

^^^^I too carry, but you might want to read his statement again......turnin macho on a anti-gunner doesn't do any of us any good

This really illustrates that anti-gun movement's view.

From a guy named George Thomas commenting on The Columbian

Just blatantly stated, pretty much the same way, in just about every comment I could find for the guy. The entire current anti-gun movement in that once sentence.

I want you disarmed and I vote for people who will help me disarm you.

Terrifying that he's proud to vote away an inviolate Right of his fellow citizens. I imagine his next proud vote will be to limit the speech of those that disagree with his viewpoint.

God bless him, I served to guarantee his Right to express that view and vote accordingly.

Because educated people keep hoping that paranoia can be eliminated with enough education, but they do not take into account that genes and nurture creates the robot human animal to be the robot that it is and enough fear and paranoia always remains in some people that they see enemies everywhere and just aren't able to feel safe unless a gun is nearby. I agree that no manner of education will take the basic fear out of people who must arm themselves.

That's why Obamas, Hitlers, Stalin and Maos come to power. They stir the fears of a small minority and through fear and intimidation those minorities seek and get power. Then we peaceful people wish we had armed ourselves against those who must carry weapons to feel safe. I speak this as a man who has never felt the need to arm himself.

The irony is that you, armed, are a greater danger to me, unarmed, than I am to you. I want you disarmed and I vote for people who will help me disarm you. Now what are you going to do about it? Shoot me? Get the point? Your answer to my vote is to display your weapon. Why? To create fear in me so that I won't vote as I do? Vote, man and leave your weapons out of it.

I corrected his statement on the dictators.:s0155:

No law abiding gun owner would shoot him and I don't believe any law abiding gun owner wants to instill fear in him but I will tell you this, if the situation ever arose that civilians needed to protect themselves from an enemy, domestic or foreign, this man and people like him will receive no sympathy from me when they have no way to protect themselves or their family. Ignorance and intolerance may have consequences. Continuing to blame the tool and not the man behind the tool will not solve anything.

Looking at the age of Mr. Thomas's friends from his link on FB, I'd say he's only got about 10 more years of life left due to Nature taking its cut. His opinions are irrelevant.

Give a kid a psychology class and he thinks he knows everything.
So true! Education without some common sense and real world experience can be a scary thing.

Why does it seem so common that the more education one has, the dumber they get?
Some of the most looney people I've ever met have also been the most intelligent and highly educated. They start thinking of themselves as superior, enlightened, and intellectually elite. I'm all for a little enlightenment and intellectualism, but dadgummit that doesn't make you superior, and it doesn't mean all your ideas are good ones! :)

I'd say he's only got about 10 more years of life left due to Nature taking its cut. His opinions are irrelevant.

That, in your view, is only 10 more years to exercise his inalienable Right to Vote your inalienable Right to Bear Arms away. What about the millions like him that also want to remove that inviolate Right?

His opinions are not irrelevant, they are dangerous. That same sentiment is how Hitler was elected as Chancellor of Germany. How did that turn out for his opponents, the Lutherans and Roman Catholics, or the Jews?

I don't know which I find more concerning, his stated goal of disarming everyone, or your quick discounting of his goal.

Education is a cure all for many things however it doesn't cure fear. Fear runs rampant in the self righteous (such as this dumb monkey).

I agree that the only thing this moron has to fear from a law abiding gun owner is when he is somewhere he shouldn't be. Like say some one else's home without their express permission. I'm with the rest of you, I'll protect me and mine by whatever means necessary.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top