JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with today being my better half and I's 12 year anniversary the UPS man decided to drop off the final parts kit that we have been waiting on before I'm finally allowed to start putting things together this weekend. We promised her father that we would all three do our builds together.

I only put together the bare minimum of things needed for me to be able to take this picture and spend a little time releasing the magazine and re-seating it while pretending I'm one of those super 1338 operator types. (Well maybe not the last part, I may have started to act goofy and make shooting sounds but the look I got reminded that its OUR anniversary. With that in mind I thought I should offer my honey a chance to make shooting sounds as well................... Strangely though, she declined)
Anyways here is our second Shootin Iron (or the parts that it is comprised of )
339k02x.jpg
Palmetto State Armory 16" 1/7 Carbine Parts kit in 5.56 with MOE Stock, Pistol Grip,and hand guard
Magpul BUIS
cheap 20$ red dot that I'm kinda embarrassed to have on there but can't afford anything better at the moment. I'm hoping to be able to get something along the lines of a holosun or primary arms optic in the next 2 or 3 months. Any guidance on what I should look out for would be welcome, keep in mind that we are fairly poor (100$-160$ is about the most I can expect to be able to afford and even that will take some saving, and puppy dog eyes )
pmag
tacticlol cardboard box

Questions:

1: I'd like to put a light on it and wondered if anyone had tips on a decent budget light/mounts. 18650 would kinda be preferable as I have a ton of those for our ecigs but anything that doesn't break easily, puts out decent light would be what we are looking for. Strobe is a plus as well.

2:I had a Grip pod on my last carbine and liked it, is there anywhere other than ebay that is a good place to get a used one at ?

3: for the rail sections that are available for the MOE hand guards are the polymer ones good enough for a light ? I take it if I mount a grip pod/Vertical fore grip I should find a metal rail section ?
4: this is probably a dumb question but If I later wanted to put an offset red dot on the gun I take it I would need new hand guards ? I'm not thinking a rail section on the hand guard would be stable enough to hold zero would it ?

So now we have both the kits and on Saturday we finally get to assemble them, after a good couple years with only a can of OC/CS to our name for defense it feels mighty good to be a full fledged member of often maligned "The Gun Culture" again .

I'll update the pictures when we have everything all put together after this weekend !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top