JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are going to do Frank Zappa, gotta do Bobby Brown and older stuff like Weasels Ripped My Flesh.

I am a Classic Rock aficionado. I was there when The Guess Who played at the Paramount Northwest, and made the album. Saw Foghat open for Rod Stewart. Blue Oyster Cult 5 times, Rush 5 times, Aerosmith 4 times, David Bowie, Paul McCartney and Wings, Led Zeppelin, and so many others. Living on Puget Sound across from Seattle in the 70s had its advantages.

I forgot to include my most famous/infamous concert - The Who in Seattle. We got there early , so we were right up front in line. They opened two doors and the crowd surged like a funnel. I was lifted off of the ground, 6 foot 2 inches and almost 200 pounds. That was one of the scariest moments of my life, being totally helpless in the middle of thousand of concert goers. I looked at the doors and saw the doors on either side explode as people were pushed through them from the surge. Looking back, it was stupid to only open two doors to the venue with more than 10,000 concert goers waiting outside.

This made headlines around the world and I think even Rolling Stone. I don't remember how many were injured, but it was quite a few.

On the positive side, The Who rocked. One of the best concerts ever, other than the band that opened for them. They sucked and were booed off the stage. When they left, everyone started clapping. They thought that it was a call for an encore, and came back. We booed them off the stage again.

I forgot to include my most famous/infamous concert - The Who in Seattle. We got there early , so we were right up front in line. They opened two doors and the crowd surged like a funnel. I was lifted off of the ground, 6 foot 2 inches and almost 200 pounds. That was one of the scariest moments of my life, being totally helpless in the middle of thousand of concert goers. I looked at the doors and saw the doors on either side explode as people were pushed through them from the surge. Looking back, it was stupid to only open two doors to the venue with more than 10,000 concert goers waiting outside.

This made headlines around the world and I think even Rolling Stone. I don't remember how many were injured, but it was quite a few.was was a call for an encore, and came back. We booed them off the stage again.

I was in Ga at the time and heard about that concert, lucky that more were not injured or killed.
I was at McNichols arena (Boulder, Co) in 78 rockin out and dam n near fell over the balcony ledge!!!! Scary stuff!!!!

:s0094:
Not subscribed to any particular genre but I love rock, metal, punk, funk, blues and all bizarre fusions thereof. All-time faves are Tool, Coheed & Cambria, Mastodon, Tomahawk and The Mars Volta. Most recently a friend turned me on to Foxy Shazam and I can't stop grooving on this:

here are a few remakes that I think are atleast as good as the OG version

One of the best voices in Rock In my opinion

The best female voice in rock.. Saw them preform this at Waterfront in 92 when Slick willie was there.. or maybe it was 93..damn 90's:rolleyes:

I am a Classic Rock aficionado. I was there when The Guess Who played at the Paramount Northwest, and made the album. Saw Foghat open for Rod Stewart. Blue Oyster Cult 5 times, Rush 5 times, Aerosmith 4 times, David Bowie, Paul McCartney and Wings, Led Zeppelin, and so many others. Living on Puget Sound across from Seattle in the 70s had its advantages.

Me too, 'cept I was raised in S. Calif and graduated in 1970. My folks let me go to the Newport Rock Festival, Newport Beach CA, in (68?) with the older brother of my best friend driving. It was a 3day thing and the list of music was pretty much the same as Woodstock except not Hendrix. I don't know why he wasn't there... maybe busy up in San Fran at the Fillmore Auditorium. But I did go to one of his concerts at the Forum, and another at the Anaheim Convention Center. By the time of that concert he had joined with Buddy Miles and it wasn't near as enjoyable.

But I saw Foghat a few times at the Troubadour... they were one of my faves!! That's what I'm talkin about!!! Also Johnny Winter and Edgar Winter. Used to go to the Whisky A GoGo almost every weekend. Rock festival faves were Blue Oyster Cult, Country Joe and the Fish, The Chamber Brothers, The Who, and Canned Heat, among others. Trying to remember if the was a second Newport Rock festival but can't. Lotta holes in my brain...

Living in Pomona, the complex of colleges, 5 of them, in Claremont was a great place for chicas and music. Many stars played there w/o great fanfare, something like $3 at the door. In the summertime there were a lot of Day On The Green type music festivals on the soccer fields or whatever they were. A guy we knew somewhat, named "Red" cuz he had red hair and love Seconals, dropped acid and ran around naked. Led us on a merry chase until we caught him and took him home. But the only band I remember from that day was The Strawberry Alarm Clock. Fitting, hee hee!

Not really for the music. But, I like K-pop. I think you can figure out why, based on this small example. :D

Right....it's about the dancing.o_O

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top