JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen multiple posts here and other places about triggers. I understand gritty triggers, dak, dao, sao, da/sa triggers, srt, glocks half tension triggers and even competition triggers. I don't know what people are referring to when they say a trigger is mushy. Please help me understand. Thanks.

To me, a Glock or similar trigger (Kahr) is a mushy trigger. It may have something of a break at the end, but to me it feels like I can pull that thing forever and it will just keeping worse and never break. And I have a lightened trigger on my G21.

For me, all striker fired guns have a mushy trigger. Its the act of compressing the striker spring. For a fighting pistol, I don't mind or really even notice it much.

I do like DA/SA guns though. You can carry it safely with the hammer down and no safety. You can draw it and thumb the hammer if you have time to make a deliberate shot. I tend to shoot much better with DA/SA past 15 yards.

For me, all striker fired guns have a mushy trigger. Its the act of compressing the striker spring. For a fighting pistol, I don't mind or really even notice it much.

I do like DA/SA guns though. You can carry it safely with the hammer down and no safety. You can draw it and thumb the hammer if you have time to make a deliberate shot. I tend to shoot much better with DA/SA past 15 yards.

Yup - I much prefer my SIG 229 to any striker fired handgun I have tried so far.

The worst trigger that I can recall, was not a striker fired gun, but something else; a Keltec P10. If I recall correctly, it had a windup clock spring. I hated everything about that pistol.

Yup - I much prefer my SIG 229 to any striker fired handgun I have tried so far.

The worst trigger that I can recall, was not a striker fired gun, but something else; a Keltec P10. If I recall correctly, it had a windup clock spring. I hated everything about that pistol.

My P229 is my favorite gun. Its a bad SOB. My P226 does a lot of sitting on my nightstand because of it.

Nah!!! Think of a mushy handshake and you will have the idea. No firmness, no feedback from the mechanism that tells you where you are in the pull.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top