JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah!!! Think of a mushy handshake and you will have the idea. No firmness, no feedback from the mechanism that tells you where you are in the pull.

Ah. My buddy tried to explain it to me by describing triggers that have a distinctive "wall" before the break, and those that don't and end up feeling like you're pulling the trigger forever. I can see now he was referring to the lack of feedback.

guns with plastic triggers seem to feel mushy to me.
Last year I got the chance to play with a H&K UMP40
It had a plastic trigger, I never could get the feel for it, It never felt consistent at its initial pull or at trigger reset. too much flex in trigger.

Trigglypuff prefers her triggers white, hetero and male. Bless her heart.

1%2B1%2B1ninetymilesri1GU1v9nihzo1_r1_500.gif

Ok, that looks pretty mushy. I thought we were talking triggers and candycanes though....:D
Trigger:

VERB
triggers (third person present) · triggered (past tense) · triggered (past participle) · triggering (present participle)
  1. cause (an event or situation) to happen or exist:
    "an allergy can be triggered by stress or overwork"
    synonyms: precipitate · prompt · elicit · trigger off · set off ·

Trigger:

VERB
triggers (third person present) · triggered (past tense) · triggered (past participle) · triggering (present participle)
  1. cause (an event or situation) to happen or exist:
    "an allergy can be triggered by stress or overwork"
    synonyms: precipitate · prompt · elicit · trigger off · set off ·

In other words, immature little bastidges that can't handle the reality of life, that are easily pushed into freak-out mode, aka 'triggered' - they snap like a fragile little glass rod.

I had a Colt Pony .380 which had a mushy trigger. You pulled on it and it felt like it was never going to break. It just wasn't a crisp pull at all. Sold it and bought a Kahr PM 9 which has a very good trigger.

I had a Colt Pony .380 which had a mushy trigger. You pulled on it and it felt like it was never going to break. It just wasn't a crisp pull at all. Sold it and bought a Kahr PM 9 which has a very good trigger.

I have a PM9 and it is no better than my Glock. If the Colt was worse then that I can see why you sold it. A good conventional DA/SA like the SIG P229 is much better than a PM9 - it has really spoiled me.

My Sig P-250, a DAO pistol, has terrific ergonomics and a great trigger! With practice I learned to bring it back till it stacks and stopping just prior to the hammer dropping! EXACTLY LIKE WHEN THE CYLINDER ON A DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVER KER-CHUNKS INTO BATTERY! Now trigger stack on a double action revolver sucks and is despised by DA shooters, but on DAO pistols it replicates the feel of that cylinder coming home. Time to stop and deliver that last little squeeze that trips the sear! You just can't do that with a mushy trigger and, instead, have to try to do a smooth, non wiggling pull through instead! You'll never have quite as good accuracy as when you can stop the squeeze then continue! Admittedly, the Sig has a hammer, and IMHO is exceptional!
Boy! That's a lot of words and I'm not sure if I explained jack! o_O

I dont know if this is common, but the triggers on the lee enfields ive owned are nice, no resistance to the point they Almost would wabble if you shook the gun, that is UNTIL you reach the wall of firm resistance right before the break.

I would describe the trigger on the c308 as mushy, its wide and honestly almost spongy until it breaks, which is more heard then felt.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top