JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen multiple posts here and other places about triggers. I understand gritty triggers, dak, dao, sao, da/sa triggers, srt, glocks half tension triggers and even competition triggers. I don't know what people are referring to when they say a trigger is mushy. Please help me understand. Thanks.

To me, a Glock or similar trigger (Kahr) is a mushy trigger. It may have something of a break at the end, but to me it feels like I can pull that thing forever and it will just keeping worse and never break. And I have a lightened trigger on my G21.

For me, all striker fired guns have a mushy trigger. Its the act of compressing the striker spring. For a fighting pistol, I don't mind or really even notice it much.

I do like DA/SA guns though. You can carry it safely with the hammer down and no safety. You can draw it and thumb the hammer if you have time to make a deliberate shot. I tend to shoot much better with DA/SA past 15 yards.

For me, all striker fired guns have a mushy trigger. Its the act of compressing the striker spring. For a fighting pistol, I don't mind or really even notice it much.

I do like DA/SA guns though. You can carry it safely with the hammer down and no safety. You can draw it and thumb the hammer if you have time to make a deliberate shot. I tend to shoot much better with DA/SA past 15 yards.

Yup - I much prefer my SIG 229 to any striker fired handgun I have tried so far.

The worst trigger that I can recall, was not a striker fired gun, but something else; a Keltec P10. If I recall correctly, it had a windup clock spring. I hated everything about that pistol.

Yup - I much prefer my SIG 229 to any striker fired handgun I have tried so far.

The worst trigger that I can recall, was not a striker fired gun, but something else; a Keltec P10. If I recall correctly, it had a windup clock spring. I hated everything about that pistol.

My P229 is my favorite gun. Its a bad SOB. My P226 does a lot of sitting on my nightstand because of it.

Nah!!! Think of a mushy handshake and you will have the idea. No firmness, no feedback from the mechanism that tells you where you are in the pull.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top