JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, as expected, just moments ago this ordinance was unanimously adopted.
They basically dismissed any and all comments and testimony opposing the ordinance.
Sorry for the disappointing news.

Of course, they consider it "Common Sense" because they have their brains (well, can't go there as I'd get banned or reprimanded)...

Pinko Commie Bastages.

Makes me want to go to downtown Portland and walk around OC just to irritate TPTB (I do have a chl), but you know they will harass anyone and everyone with a gun. Sounds like a money making scheme to me. Fine "offenders" and confiscate then "dispose" (or sell for profit) the horrible weapons. It's okay though, the police will protect you!

Considering the Multnomah County Sheriff spoke in favor of this ordinance, that is doubtful.

But, But....some here at NWFA said the LEOs are on our side. They said the LEOs believe in Our 2nd Amendment rights and will never take Our firearms away from us. Well if thats true then how could the LEOs write us tickets? It just doesn't make since if they are on Our side.

Sarcasm over.

Makes me want to go to downtown Portland and walk around OC just to irritate TPTB (I do have a chl), but you know they will harass anyone and everyone with a gun.

How about the next Portland City Council or Multnomah County Board meeting? It would irritate them and I'd bet you'd be harassed.

Of course they passed it. Stinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope thousands of people fight it!!!!

Do like I will do. Don't spend a nickel in Multnomah county orPortland. And tell all the elected officials there that via e mail. If folks on this forum and together and let even the chamber of commerce know Why You are boycotting them maybe they will realize they've awakened a sleeping majority.

Brutus out.q

It is unlawful for any person who possesses a firearm, clip or magazine in or upon a
public place, or while in a vehicle in a public place, to refuse to permit a peace officer to inspect
that firearm, clip or magazine after the peace officer has identified himself or herself as such.
The prohibitions of this subsection do not apply to or affect the persons listed in subsection (B) of
this section.

Someone is going to make a fortune after suing Multnomah County when they are arrested for refusing consent to search a magazine. Carrying an empty magazine and no firearm, then being told that you have to present the magazine for inspection is a flagrant violation of the 4th Amendment. These commissioners are morons that are going to cost the county millions of dollars in lawsuits while preventing no crimes.

But, But....some here at NWFA said the LEOs are on our side. They said the LEOs believe in Our 2nd Amendment rights and will never take Our firearms away from us. Well if thats true then how could the LEOs write us tickets? It just doesn't make since if they are on Our side.

Many cops will refuse to enforce these idiotic laws, but you lump all cops together. Seriously, do you ever NOT bash the cops? :huh:

I think its time to force these politicans to put a sunset clause in there laws when it does not perform to stated objectives. That would take the cockiness out of the leftards about if it just saves one life BS. When on person get killed by a gun the stupid law is lights out.

Null and void?

OR. REV. STAT. ANN. §166.170 (2011) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly. READ ALL

OR. REV. STAT. ANN. §166.170 (2011)

166.170. State preemption.

(1) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.

(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void.

Many cops will refuse to enforce these idiotic laws, but you lump all cops together. Seriously, do you ever NOT bash the cops? :huh:

Katrina, Dorner, NYC, Chicago, California, Fast and Furious, ect....now Boston. And why would I think that Multnomah LE would be any different. Why is it bashing when the facts are heavily laid against them?

Here maybe you would like it in a more polite way... I believe that most of the police in Portland would have no issue with these new anti-firearm ordinances. All? No. A whole lot of them? Yes. Look up those events above and how the LEOs acted and then please tell me why I should not think they would.

Please tell my why would you consider what I have said to be bashing. And please tell me why i should have such a blanket trust that LEO will rather do the right, moral and Constitutional thing when they have those proven track records of not doing it?

No target shooting within county limits:

15.065 Discharge of a Firearm.
(A) It is unlawful for any person to fire or discharge a firearm within the boundaries of the
County. Page 4 of 5 – Adding new ordinances to Chapter 15 and amending §15.051 to address firearm safety in
Multnomah County.
(B) The prohibition of subsection (A) of this section does not apply to or affect those listed in
ORS 166.171(2).

No question that this will be overturned at a higher level.

That is totally against Our Constitutional rights. We Americans should not be made to ask for permission to do something that is Our right.

Now I can not even carry a unloaded firearm in Multnomah County without a license. Cant others see the problem in that?
I agree. However it may be the only way to beat them at their own game. For now. I really hope we see some legal challenges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top